Wondering where you can get the Nether Stone in Mortal Kombat 1? You aren’t alone, several other players have this question as well. This is an important item that you will need if you are looking to open some blocked areas in the Invasion mode of MK1. It is a Key Item, but one that is surprisingly difficult to find considering its common rarity. So here is the Mesa location where you can find it in MK1.
How to Unlock Nether Stone in MK1
You can get the Nether Stone after defeating Hellfire Scorpion at the Fire Temple. But he isn’t out there waiting in the open to fight you and is behind a locked gate. You will need the sacred key to unlock it. Here is what you need to do:
- Turn back from the Locked Gate and go two steps right.
- You should see the Dying Light Tower in front of you.
- Defeat the opponents here and you will get the Sacred Key along with rewards like gold & silver coins and more.
- Go back to the Locked Gate and open it.
- Finally, turn left and you will get the Hellfire Scorpion fight.
- Defeat him and you will get the Nether Stone with other rewards.
Also Read | MK1 Reboot And Lore Changes Explained
How to Use Nether Stone
You can use the Nether Stone to access the previously blocked areas that need it. Go back to the Mesa wherever the barrier said Nether Stone required. This time you should have the option to use the stone to get past the barrier. There are usually treasure chests behind these barriers. You can even find towers behind them.
That’s it for how you can get the Nether Stone in Mortal Kombat 1. While you are here I suggest you also check out our other guides on how to do brutalities, all fatalities input list, and how to unlock all characters. You can also visit our MK1 section for more help on other topics of this game.