There are a ton of items in Enshrouded that decide how you will survive the game’s world. However, when it comes to exploring new areas, sometimes some places are there but just out of grasp. If you are in this situation then worry not you can craft yourself a grappling hook to solve this problem. The best part is once you know what resources you need for it you can get it in the early game itself.
Another reason why you should get the grappling hook in Enshrouded is because some puzzles require it. So not only does it help you get better faster at the start of your journey. It later on becomes a sort of necessity.
How to Get the Grappling Hook in Enshrouded
You can craft the Grappling Hook on your workbench. The resources you need for it include:
- Metal Scraps x4
- String x7
- Shroud Spores x10
The crafting process in itself is easy:
- Walk up to your Workbench and interact with it. Press the E-key on your keyboard.
- On the left side, you will see a list of all the things you can craft or repair.
- Under the Survival section, you can find Grappling Hook.
- Click on it and then press the Craft button. Press the Space key on your keyboard.
- After it is crafted you can see on the left side a notification.
- Finally, go to your character menu and equip it.
Where to Get Resources Needed for Grappling Hook
The Workbench is something you get at the start of the game so you don’t need to worry about it much as it can be crafted just by using 3 Strings and 8 Wood Logs. As for the other resources here is where you should go when looking for them:
- Metal Scraps: There are various ways to acquire it but the 2 best methods are by destroying metal objects or looting abandoned settlements.
- String: Strings can be made from Plant Fiber which you can get by collecting bushes. 3 plant fibers are used to make 1 String so you need to get 21 of them.
- Shroud Spores: You need to kill Shroud enemies for it. Go to the Enshrouded area and look for these skeleton-like creatures. They don’t exactly have a guaranteed drop so kill as many as you can until you get all 10 of them.