While Elden Ring is one of the greatest games of this year, you cannot say the same about its multiplayer. But can’t put all the blame on FromSoft. As online multiplayer requires both, a consistent internet connection and running servers. Players have been encountering an issue when they summon or are summoned by their friends. They are prompted with a message of “Unable to summon co-operator, failed to join session error” that restricts them from playing multiplayer. So, here’s our guide on how to fix the failed to join session error in Elden Ring.
How to Fix Failed to Join Session Error in Elden Ring
Mentioned below are all the potential methods to resolve this issue:
Check your Internet Connection
- Most of the players suggested making sure of having a stable and consistent internet connection.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, you can reset the router.
- You can run a speed test to check the speed of your internet connection.
- We suggest using a wired internet connection rather than a wireless connection.
Restart the Game and the Device
- This is the simplest and the most traditional method out of all.
- Exit the game and restart your device.
- Once you have rebooted your device, launch Elden Ring again to check if the problem persists.
While it worked for some players, it might not work out for you.
Check the Server Status
- You can encounter the failed to join session error due to the overloaded servers.
- These servers can also be down because of maintenance downtime.
- While you don’t have any other option rather than waiting, make sure to check the server updates.
- You can also encounter this error if the servers of the console you are using are down.
- If you are a PC player, you can check out whether the servers of Steam are down.
Being Summoned by Other Player
- Some players suggested that this error also occurs when they are summoned while summoning other players into their world.
- Make sure to use the Furlcalling Finger Remedy to check the summon signs.
- It is a multiplayer item that allows you to see the summon signs and summon other players into your world.
- You can get this item for defeating several enemies. It is also dropped by the Host of Fingers during an invasion.
- You can purchase Furlcalling finger Remedy from the following locations:
- In addition to that, you can find this item across different locations.
- You can also use 2 Erdleaf Flowers to craft this multiplayer item.
Wait for an Update
- If none of the methods worked, wait for game devs to release an update or patch to resolve this problem.
- You can check for all updates on their official Twitter account.
That’s all on how to fix the failed to join the session error in Elden Ring. If you are facing some other errors, check out our other guides on failed to create summon sign error fix, could not verify the PS Plus error fix, and how to fix frequent crashes in Elden Ring right here on Gamer Tweak.