While fighting Alva in God of War Ragnarok, many players are unable to defeat her because she heals herself. This can make the fight exhausting as you have to again start depleting her health. Not to mention she has a combo that can chip away a ton of your health. So in this guide check out how you can beat Alva in God of War Ragnarok and stop her from healing.
How to Beat Alva in God of War Ragnarok
You can defeat Alva by chipping away her health, and not letting her attack by interrupting her combos. She has a few moves but they can do quite a lot of damage if she manages to connect them. Here are all the moves she uses in the fight and how you can counter them:
- Charge attacks: Alva can charge her attacks before attacking you. This is indicated by her attacks that have blue rings. The best way to counter them is to quickly tap L1 twice. Not only does this interrupt her but also lets you land a few hits of your own.
- Spinning Sword slashes: She uses her swords to slash at you. Since she has two of them she holds one in a back-handed style. And does a spin attack to slash you twice. You can either block it or parry it and launch your attacks at her.
- Spear throw: Alva fuses her swords to turn them into a spear. She then throws them at you and even calls them back. So just like Leviathan Axe, it can hit you twice, first when she throws it and the second time when she retrieves it. Yellow rings indicate this attack. So you can parry them. This is a trickier move than some others. Hence if you can’t parry it, then be sure to block it.
- Cross Projectiles: Alva will rush back to create distance between Kratos and her. She will then shoot projectile attacks in the shape of an X at Kratos. This attack is indicated by red rings. So make sure you evade them on time to correctly dodge them else you will get hit by them.
- Ground strike: Alve charges her blades and strikes them on the ground. This will send a huge shockwave, this can stagger and mildly blind Kratos with its light.
- Multiple Slashes: Alva will create some gap between her and Kratos in order to use this move. Red rings indicate this attack. She then proceeds to lunge and strike Kratos with various sword slashes. During the combo chain, she also fuses her swords into a spear for further damage.
These are all the moves Alva uses. Make sure you counter them as you see fit while fighting. That is parrying the moves you can, while blocking and dodging the ones you can’t. After you nearly deplete her health she will start healing herself.
How to Stop Alva from Healing
You need to make sure you are relatively closer to her when she only has last section of her health bar remaining. As soon as you see that her health is almost over, she will kneel and start using light to heal herself. This move is indicated by blue rings. Rush towards her and press L1 twice. If you do it on time, it will interrupt her from healing herself and stun her. Now just press R3 and finish her off and you will beat her.
That covers this guide on how to defeat Alva in God of War Ragnarok and stop her from healing. If you are looking for more boss guides be sure to check our guides on how to beat Gryla, Dreki, Blatonn, and Garm. And for more help on other such topics don’t miss out on our GoW Ragnarok Wiki.