There could be many reasons why Far Cry 6 is crashing on your PC or Xbox/PS consoles. You may also experience some lag and stuttering issues where your FPS will drop low and some visual glitches may occur. Here’s what you can do to fix these problems.
How to Fix Far Cry 6 Crashing and Freezing?
There is no ‘perfect fix’ to resolve the Far Cry 6 crashing at startup or mid-game problem. But, check if the following steps make a difference and hopefully, one of the other trick should help you get the game running smoothly.
- First, ensure that your PC supports the recommended system requirements. These are the specs that you need to have:
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X @ 3.8 Ghz or Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6 Ghz
- RAM: 16 GB (Dual-channel mode)
- Video card: AMD RX Vega 64 (8 GB) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB)
- DirectX: DirectX 12
- Hard Drive: 60 GB available storage
- Make sure you have all the latest drivers. Download the newest versions from the manufacturer’s official website.
- See if your PC is overheating which will cause a lag and the game may eventually crash. In this case, shut it down and wait for a while before restarting.
- Close any other programs or applications which may be running in the background.
- Ensure that you have the latest patch for the game which will possibly resolve any bugs and crashing issues.
- Set every graphics option to LOW.
- Play with minimal specs (minimal resolution; minimal shadows and minimal graphic options) to prevent crashing.
- Try to launch the game directly from the executable file (.exe) inside the game folder instead of using the auto-run menu or game shortcut.
- In case you have virtual drive programs such as Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, CloneCD, Nero – you will need to disable and unmount any virtual drives associated with the program. You may even need to uninstall the virtual drive software.
Also Read | Far Cry 6 Blurry Textures Fix Available?
How to Repair the game through Ubisoft Connect
- Start Ubisoft Connect
- Click on Games > Far Cry 6
- Click on Properties
- Find Local Files
- Click on Verify Files
How to Repair the game through Epic Games Launcher
- Start Epic Games launcher
- Click on the Game Library
- Click on Far Cry 6
- Select Settings
- Click on Verify
- Close the launcher, restart it and launch the game again
How to Fix Far Cry 6 Lag and Stutter?
- Lower the texture quality and overall graphics settings to see if it helps fix the lag and stuttering issues. Turn off the HD texture pack if it’s overwhelming your PC’s processes.
- If you are playing in online mode and experience some lag, it could be due to your internet connection. Restart your router if it’s unstable and check again.
- Keep your drivers up to date.
- Get the latest patch of the game on your PC or console.
That’s all for this guide on how to fix lag, stuttering and crashing issues on Far Cry 6. If you need any more help with Far Cry 6 guides on the best weapons, unlock amigos like Chorizo (sausage dog), Chicharron, how to use phone camera, check them out right here on Gamer Tweak!