God of War Ragnarok has a plethora of collectibles and crafting resources. As Kratos and Atreus get along with their Nordic adventure, you might need to get your hands on several weapon upgrades. Chaos Sparks is one of the resources that can help upgrade Kratos’ Blades of Chaos. But several players are quite confused about using them. So, check out our guide to find out how to use Chaos sparks in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Use Chaos Sparks in God of War Ragnarok
You can use the Chaos sparks to craft the Chaos Flames in GoW Ragnarok. As the name suggests, Chaos sparks are the fleeting remnants of the Chaos Flame. Once you collect all six of the Chaos Sparks, you can craft the Chaos Flame and restore it to its original form. You can use the Chaos Flames to upgrade the Blades of Chaos.
- There are several ways to get the Chaos Sparks. You can get them by defeating powerful enemies and bosses.
- You can also get the Chaos Sparks by completing different optional Favour quests.
- Alternatively, you can also defeat the Hateful boss to get the Chaos Sparks as a loot drop.
- You will encounter this boss while progressing through the Born from Fire Favour. Keep a watch out for other Draugrs while fighting them.
- As soon as you discover a Draugr hole, you will find the Hateful Boss. So, the key to finding Chaos Spark is searching for the Draugr hole and Hateful.
But where to find them? Scroll till the end to find out.
Where to Find Chaos Sparks
Here are all the locations where you can find the Chaos Sparks and Hateful in God of War Ragnarok:
- Alfheim: Head over to the west of the Barrens. You will find a rock structure. As you head towards it, you will find another Draugr hole that would spawn a Hateful.
- Midgard: You can find another Hateful and Chaos Spark to the northeast of the Lake of Nine region. You will find a Draugr hole under the cave or tunnel structure.
- Vanaheim: Head northwest and pass through the bridge to come across a waterfall. You can complete the Crane Puzzle at the Abandoned Village to find a Draugr Hole.
- You will come across another Draugr Hole and Hateful in the Plains region. For that, head in the northeast direction by using a boat.
- Svartalfheim: You can find a Chaos Spark located behind the Watchtower in the Bay of Bounty. Once you find a Draugr hole, defeat the Hateful to get the Chaos Spark.
- You can find another Chaos Spark in the Applecore region. Pass through a waterfall and grapple your way to find a door to the right.
That’s everything covered on what are the Chaos Sparks used for in God of War Ragnarok and where to find them. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how to get Helios Flare, where to find Cyclone of Chaos, Muspelheim Seed locations, and more God of War Ragnarok Guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.