How to get the Can Opener in Sons of the Forest and open canned food? This guide will show you the way. As your main job in this game is to survive the strange world, you will get hungry and tired often. To combat hunger, you will need a can opener to open canned food and regain some of your stamina and energy.
Also Read | How to not be Tired Fast in Sons of the Forest
Sons of the Forest Can Opener Location
Players can get a can opener at the beach, along with other washed-up items, or near the frozen lake in the snowy mountainous area. Explore the area and you will find one near some rocks. If you are located in the snowy region, track a river on your map and follow it until you reach a frozen lake. When you see a can opener, quickly grab it because it will come in handy later.
How to Open Canned Food
- As soon as you pick up the Can Opener, you will see it in your inventory – open it up by pressing I on your keyboard. You will see all the items you have collected till now.
- Right-click on the canned food to place it in the center.
- Right-click on the can opener.
- You will see a gear icon show up on the grey mat. Right-click on it.
- After this, you will see the can opening animation and the food will be out on the mat. Click on it to eat it. (Yes, it can be cat food, and you can consume it because it’s a matter of life and death.)
If you prefer warm food, there’s a way to cook your own food – check out our guide to know more. Stay tuned to our Sons of the Forest guides on Gamer Tweak for more survival tips and items that you may need to know about. For example, find out how to get the Rebreather, craft a Molotov Cocktail, Cook and Eat food, get water, log sled, 3D printer, and more.