There are a couple of Borderlands 3 Save Editors available. Save Editors are helpful in storing your in-game progress. These are also instrumental in rebuilding your lost heroes in the game. If there are any bugs in the game, you can bypass them easily with the help of a Save Editor. So without further ado let’s get into this guide about Save Editors and how they work.
Borderlands 3 Save Editors
As of now, there are just two Save Editors for BL3. Unluckily for console users, these are only usable for PC users of the game title.
How to use BL3 Save Editor
- Open the BL3 Editor page.
- Here you will find a textbox.
- Now in this, you will have to upload your Character or Profile File.
- If you upload a Character file a new page will open which will have your Save Info as well as three tabs: General, Character, and Inventory. You will now be able to modify each of these aspects.
- If you upload a Profile file a new page will open with your Profile page. Within this, you will be able to modify and change all your character aspects and traits in the game. These changes include the Guardian stats and the Bank.
How to use Borderlands3 Save Editor
- Download the .zip file from the interlinked article.
- Open and extract the folders to your desktop.
- Now, open the file and you will be able to find the complete game editor.
With this save editor, you will be able to make changes to the following.
- Basics (Name, Level, XP)
- Mission objectives progress (bypass all the in-game bugs).
- Edit items/weapons in the inventory.
- Change amount of ammo, SDUs, eridium, and money
- View and edit active missions and progress.
- Save slot ID.
Also Read: Borderlands 3: Mysterious Amulet Artifact
Where to find Save Files
To use the Borderlands 3 Save Editors the most important task will be to identify the save files for the game.
If you are a Windows user you can find the saved files in the following location:
- C:Users <Username> Documents > My GamesBorderlands 3 > Saved > SaveGames <UUID>
If you use Mac you can use your save files here:
- Library/Application Support/GearboxSoftware/OakGame/Saved/
There are two types of Save Files that you can modify.
- Profile Save File
- Character Save File
Each Save file will offer you different modification options. With the Profile Save file, you will be able to modify the Bank, change the Guardian Rank, unlock all the customization options, modify the Bank space and the lost SDU loot. With the Character Save file, you will be able to change the character’s inventory, change your character’s levels, modify your weapon SDUs, make changes to your customizations, and change your class.
How to use the new Save File from the Borderlands 3 Save Editor?
- Once you have created a new Character or Profile Save the file, you will be able to download the new, edited file.
- If you are using a Character save file make sure you name it as ‘(number)_edited.sav’.
- If you have a Profile save file you should name it as ‘profile_edited.sav’.
- Now, rename the files and remove the ‘_edited’ tag from them.
- After this move it to the file directory from where you found the saved files in the first place.
- If you see a pop-up saying this file already exists, click on the Overwrite and Save option.
- Now, right-click on the game application and run it as an Administrator.
- Enjoy all your new rewards.
Are Save Editors safe to use?
In a word, No. Plus if you are here looking at Save Editors for Borderlands 3 you know you’re doing something illegal. Save Editors basically allow you to get all the fancy items in the game right from the beginning. It also has good chances of breaking the game. So if you do replace any of the files in the game make sure you make a proper backup to them.
Save Editors for any game are not official developer mods. So, if you do not know what you’re doing, don’t get into it as you might be left with an unplayable game.
This is everything you need to know about the Borderlands 3 Save Editors. Now that you are here make sure you have a look at all the Borman Nates map locations. If you want to get new guns the legal way find out the location of the Black Market Maurice vendor.