The Museum is one of the essential facilities on your island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It consists of various bugs, fish, fossils and art that you donate to Blathers the Owl. Blathers handles the Museum and does it very well, might we add. Players, especially new ones, might have a lot of questions regarding the Museum in ACNH and this Museum guide will answer them all.
Museum: Animal Crossing New Horizons Guide
If you have just begun playing the game recently, you will not have the Museum on your island. That’s because it needs to be unlocked, which brings us to the question…
How to Unlock the Museum in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
Well, here’s what you need to do to unlock the Museum:
- You need to give Tom Nook five bugs and/or five fish. You will have to explore your island and find them.
- Once you give it to Tom Nook, you will be asked to dedicate a space for the Museum to be built.
- On the day after this, Blathers will come to your island in a tent. You need to donate 15 fish/bug/fossils to Blathers.
- After this, the tent will transform into a proper Museum. This will take two days.
- And that’s it. This will unlock the Museum on your island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It will include fish, bugs and fossils in three different areas. Explore the museum to see every corner of it and note where things are kept.
How to Unlock the Museum Art Upgrade?
In April, a new character joined the world of New Horizons and that’s Jolly Redd. He will sell you some art pieces that you can donate to the Museum to unlock the Museum Art Upgrade.
To know the exact steps of doing this, check out our guide about unlocking Museum Art Upgrade in ACNH.
Once you upgrade, the Museum will include artworks and sculptures too. Exciting!
How to Donate to the Museum?
One of the things to do daily in Animal Crossing New Horizons is digging out fossils and catching bugs and fish. Once you get your hands on them, you can give them to Blathers. He will check them and then accept them as donations.
What is the Museum Layout?
The Museum is pretty huge even though it might not look like it from outside. It has various sections like the butterfly area, aquarium and more. Everything you donate will be on display. It’s a calming experience to simply walk around the Museum, admiring the details of it.
How to Move the Museum?
- To do this, you have to upgrade Resident Services from a tent to a building.
- Next, talk to Tom Nook about the infrastructure by picking ‘Lets talk infrastructure’ and then ‘layout changes’.
- He will move the Museum for you, but think twice before you do this because it will cost you 50,000 Bells. Whew, that’s a lot. Want to know how you can earn Bells fast? Read our guide about becoming a millionaire (of Bells) by trading in an Animal Crossing New Horizons marketplace.
So that’s everything about the Museum in ACNH as of now. Keep checking this Museum Guide to see if any more additions have been made to the Museum. Want more ACNH guides? Read them all right here on our Animal Crossing New Horizons Wiki Page.