In the new April update of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, players will meet new characters including Redd. Jolly Redd is a fox who comes to your island in his trawler to sell you some art and furniture. Now, is the art genuine or fake? That’s for the players to find out.
How to Unlock Redd’s Treasure Trawler
Make sure that you have updated your ACNH version to 1.2.0 to be able to meet Redd. Here’s how you can unlock Redd’s Treasure Trawler.
- Meet Blathers at the Museum and talk to him. He will tell you that he wants to expand his Museum to include artworks. He will ask you to donate any authentic ones to his Museum.
- If Redd is visiting your island the next day, Isabelle will give a hint about him in her morning announcement. She will call him a ‘suspicious’ character.
- Then, look for Redd on your island. Sometimes he will be right around you, sometimes you might have to search for him. Once you see Redd, start talking to him.
- Redd will offer you an artwork at an exorbitant price at first. He’s quite the sweet talker, but you must refuse.
- After refusing him, he will offer you a discount price.
- Purchase the artwork from him.
Museum Art Gallery Upgrade
- After your purchase, take the art work to the Museum.
- Donate the work of art to Blathers which will give you an Art Gallery expansion.
- It will take two days for the Museum upgrade to get completed.
- That’s it! You will get an announcement once your Museum has expanded and it will now boast of an Art Gallery.
Where to Find the Treasure Trawler
You can look for Redd so he can invite you to his Treasure Trawler at the secret beach. It’s located in the back of your island. Remember that you can only buy one art piece per visit. So make wise decisions!
Redd will also have some furniture in unique colors which you won’t find otherwise (as of now), so you can keep an eye out for that as well.
So, this is how you can unlock Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler. Check out our Animal Crossing: New Horizons Wiki for more useful guides!