With all the romance options in Baldur’s Gate 3, you have plenty of choices when it comes down to pursuing romantic relations with other characters. Rather than the sweet-cuddly love, BG3 features bold intimate cutscenes with companions. But to relish that, you must gain and increase the approval of these characters before having relations with them. While the early access had only a handful of romanceable companions to pursue relations, the release launch features more options. So, check out our guide to find out all the BG3 romance options featuring every romanceable character in the game.
All Romance Options in Baldur’s Gate 3
In total, there are 11 romance options in Baldur’s Gate 3 that you can pursue a romantic relationship with. These romanceable characters or options are as follows:
Regardless of the gender, race, or subclasses of your character, you can romance all the above characters. But for that, you must gain their approvals by understanding their likes, dislikes, and nature. So, let’s break down all the romance options in BG3 with their approval and disapproval gains:
- Likes (Approval Gains): Helping other NPCs, characters, and animals, using trickery and manipulation, being secretive but showing curiosity, behave well with Scratch.
- Dislikes (Disapproval Gains): Pointless cruelty, siding with Lae’zel, disagreeing with her if you promise to not use Poison
- Likes (Approval Gains): Kindness, peaceful decisions, and Siding with druids and Tieflings.
- Dislikes (Disapproval Gains): Destruction of Nature, pointless violence, and wicked choices.
- Likes (Approval Gains): Expressing power and dominance, betraying other NPC characters, killing innocents, and siding with monsters.
- Dislikes (Disapproval Gains): Committing heroic actions, Judging or questioning him, compromising decisions.
- Likes (Approval Gains): Helping other people, giving him Magical artifacts and items, Kindness, peaceful decisions.
- Dislikes (Disapproval Gains): Betraying characters, violence, reckless decisions, and Judging him,
Karlach – Best Romance Option in Baldur’s Gate 3
- Likes (Approval Gains): Violence, Honesty, Compassion, defending her when someone is targeting her, cooling Karlach down.
- Dislikes (Disapproval Gains): Wicked and Cruel deeds, mistreating animals, Lying, Siding with the Devil.
- Likes (Approval Gains): Kindness, helping other people, animals, strength, and Courageous decisions.
- Dislikes (Disapproval Gains): Siding with Goblins and Devil, Evil or wicked deeds, selfishness.
- Likes (Approval Gains): Displays of sheer power, dominance, cruelty, focus, rejecting distractions.
- Dislikes (Disapproval Gains): Siding with Shadowheart or her decisions, weakness, kindness.
Not to spoil the game, but aside from the above Origin characters, you can also have romantic relations in BG3 with some selective NPC characters.
Can you Romance Multiple Companions in Baldur’s Gate 3?
Yes, you can pursue a romantic relationship in Baldur’s Gate 3 with multiple companions at the same time. But there are only a few companions that are open to the idea and support Polyamorous relations with other characters. These companions are as follows:
That’s everything covered about all the romance options in Baldur’s Gate 3. If you found this guide helpful, check out our guides to find out if you can romance the Guardian, should you save or kill the Nightsong, and explore more Baldur’s Gate 3 Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.