Many players are getting the 502 Bad Gateway error in Genshin Impact. This is one of the biggest Gacha games right now with many online features. But like most online games Genshin Impact is prone to server issues. And what’s worse is that this issue is common for all players irrespective of whether they play it on Android, iOS, PC, or Playstation. So in this guide let us take a look at how to fix the 502 bad gateway error for Genshin Impact in 2022.
How to Fix Genshin Impact 502 Bad Gateway error
Before we get into the fixes it is important to know there is no official fix for this issue. That is because it is a server error and will resolve automatically once the servers are fixed. But you can still try some of these workarounds to see if it helps you play the game.
- Check server status: You should check the game’s server status to know if the game is actually down. If the game is down for everyone then you should wait. But if only a few players are facing issues then the problem could be on your end. You can refer to our dedicated guide on how to check Genshin Impact server status.
- Test your internet connection: Playing online games need a stable connection, and the best way to see if your connection is stable is by checking it. You can do that by doing a speed test or playing other online games.
- Refresh your connection: You can refresh your connection if it shows working but is slow. To refresh a wireless connection, reboot your router. For a wired connection, plug out the Ethernet cable and plug it in after waiting a minimum of 10 seconds. And mobile players can enable and disable flight mode to refresh their connection.
- Enable/Disable a VPN: Probably the best fix in this list because VPNs can be very useful when playing online games. So if you don’t use a VPN then try using one, then play Genshin Impact. And if you already have a VPN enabled then try disabling it and checking the game to see if it worked.
- Restart the game: Starting with the basics, close the game completely. Exit the game properly and then try playing the game.
- Restart your system: Like most fixes on this list, you can try this fix no matter what platform you play on. Simply restart your system and once your system is on try playing the game.
If these fixes don’t work then you should wait until the game fixes it on their end.
That sums up this guide on how to fix 502 bad gateway error in Genshin Impact. By the time you wait for the game to start working again check out our guides on how to get to Enkanomiya and how to leave Enkanomiya.