World of Warcraft players who want to jump into a game of Shadowlands may see the WOW Character not found error. If you are not sure why this problem is coming up and how to fix it, here’s everything you need to know. We’ve listed all the possible solutions for this issue that will help you get into a game right away.
World of Warcraft (WOW) Character Not Found Error Fix
The reason why you are getting the World of Warcraft Shadowlands Character Not Found Error is because the game client is unable to communicate with the realm server. Follow the steps given below to resolve the connection issues – these have been mentioned by Blizzard on their official site.
- Make a new character on the same realm and try to login.
- Log into a different character on the same realm to see if the error comes up again.
- Close the game and launch it again.
- Close other applications running in the background.
- Restart your PC.
- Restart your router/modem.
- Check your internet connection.
- Close the Battle.net desktop app and relaunch it.
- Update your drivers and operating system to the latest version.
- Flush your DNS.
One of these troubleshooting tips is bound to work for you so try them out. But if all else fails, you can visit the technical support forums for more information or contact Blizzard for additional help.
Also, don’t forget to check if World of Warcraft is down at that time. This is because the server issues can also lead to this error. Head to known sites such as DownDetector to find out the WoW Server status at any given time. Also make sure to check out Twitter and any relevant Reddit pages to know if other players are also facing the same problems.