During your playthrough, you will often come across several moral dilemmas, like if you should release the Pixie in Baldur’s Gate 3. This seems to be a harmless choice, you can simply ignore it and continue your journey in the Shadow Lands. But the Shadow curse makes exploration difficult. Even though you have the Moonlantern, you can always have a better way to get around. But if there is one, then what is the price that it comes at? To get that answer you will have to decide whether or not you want to free the Pixie from the lamp in BG3.
Should You Release Pixie from the Lamp in Baldur’s Gate 3?
You should ideally free the Pixie from the Moonlantern. There is always the option to keep her trapped and release her later. Which is fine if you feel like it but freeing her has an advantage. Here is what happens in all situations:
Freeing the Pixie from Moonlantern in BG3
- Upon inspecting the lamp your character will see a Pixie trapped inside. Her name is Dolly Dolly Dolly and she will tell you to release her or she will die.
- You can make a deal with her or just be kind and directly release her.
- Once she is out of the lamp she will ask you what you want in return.
- Here, tell her that you need to get through the Shadow curse.
- She will now place a blessing on you and your party that will protect you from the Shadow Curse. Thanks to this blessing you can traverse the realm freely.
The only catch of releasing her is that you will need a new light source if you want to reveal any Shadows or Wraiths.
Keeping the Pixie Trapped
Keeping her trapped will allow you to use the Moonlantern the way you have been till now. Since it is a source of light you can easily reveal Shadows and Wraiths. But it will keep your primary hand occupied. And your party members will also have to be closer to you for the lamp.
Aside from that you can release her anytime later.
Upon Killing Her
Do not kill the Pixie after releasing her. Not only will you lose the Moonlantern with this choice. You also don’t get her blessing and will have a lot of trouble getting around the curse at Moonrise Towers.
Pixie missing from the Lamp in Baldur’s Gate 3
If you inspect the lamp but find there is no pixie in it then your lamp is broken. You should look for the complete Moonlantern to get the Pixie in it.
That’s all on if you should free the Pixie in Baldur’s Gate 3. If you need help on other topics of this game, you should also check out where to find Mundane Chest, if you should consume tadpoles, and if you should let Astarion bite you.