There are several magical items in Baldur’s Gate 3, but Chest of the Mundane is one you should definitely get when you are in Underdark. This is no ordinary chest as it casts a weave of illusion on the items that are stored inside. So what initially appears to be a common spoon, in actuality is a valuable scroll. But why would the game make such a chest and does it have any other uses? While the answer to why they made it is unknown, below you can check the location where you can find the Mundane chest in BG3 and how to use it.
Where to Find Chest of the Mundane in Baldur’s Gate 3?
The Chest of the Mundane can be found on the Arcane Tower. To be more specific, you have to reach the first floor to get to it.
- Go to Underdark.
- Here, go to the southwestern region and you will reach Arcane Tower.
- This place is going to be dangerous to break into as it has a good defense thanks to the Arcane turrets guarding it. You can try destroying them but it is better if you just sneak your way around them.
- Based on your character’s class and the skills you have, the task should be easy for you if you have spells like Invisibility. Classes like Sorcerer, Bard, Wizard, and Warlocks can learn it. This is a level 2 spell. But you can also just crouch if you don’t have this class or don’t want to bother learning it.
- After getting inside make your way to the first floor.
- Go to the Balcony and you will find the Chest of the Mundane. Its rough coordinates are X: -38 and Y: -263.
- Open the chest and you will find items like a metal spoon, a spatula, and more. Don’t worry though, you didn’t waste your time getting here, take all the items and they will transform to their true self once in your inventory. The items you get from the chest are:
- Scroll of Protection from Evil and Good
- Mystra’s Grace boots
- Scroll of Shield of Faith
- Scroll of Mage Armour
How to Use Mundane Chest in BG3
You mainly use Mundane chest like any other chest in the game, to take or store items in it. But you can also pick it up to store all your items in it as it greatly reduces their weight.
How to Equip Mystra’s Grace boots
Unlike most equipment, Mystra’s Grace boots seem to not have an Equip option when you click on it. Not sure if this is a bug, or the game’s attempt to make it more mysterious. But you can easily use it by dragging and dropping it on your character of choice from the inventory.