Jagged Alliance 3 is here and it gives you multiplayer features to play co-op with your friends. Playing turn-based strategy games is always enjoyable, but bringing another player adds a new level of fun to the mix. Now you don’t have to bear the burden of saving Gran Chien all by yourself. Grab a friend, and get ready to take down the Legion together because here is how the co-op works in this game.
How to Set Up Co-op Multiplayer in Jagged Alliance 3
Jagged Alliance 3 only supports online co-op gameplay for 2 players, and there is no PvP mode. Another thing to remember is that the progress only takes place for the host that is Player 1. Here is how you can quickly set it up:
- Launch Jagged Alliance 3.
- Click on the Multiplayer option.
- Now, you can directly use Steam Invite to add them or send them a code.
- Once player 2 accepts the invites or joins using the code, both players can start playing.
How does Co-op Work
This multiplayer player mechanism gives a lot of control to the host player. They can invite the second player to their existing game or create a new game. The second player doesn’t get to bring their mercenaries to the host’s game. They can only control the characters given by Player 1. And most importantly, this game lacks local co-op features. So you can only play it online, that too with only 1 other player at a time.
Jagged Alliance 3 Multiplayer Not Working Fix
If you are getting the “server not found” error while trying to play the game with your friends, then these are the workarounds to resolve it:
- Retry: Retry playing multiplayer a few times and it should start working again.
- Restart the game: Close the game and Steam. Then restart Steam and launch the game from here and multiplayer should be available now.
The developers are aware of this problem and have done a server-side hotfix already. You should be able to play co-op now, but if it still isn’t working then you should wait for their client-side update for it.
That’s all for this Multiplayer guide on how to play co-op in Jagged Alliance 3. Since you are interested in this game you might want to check out the best starting mercs, the best weapons, and how to get the thing.