If you are looking for a Payday 2 not launching fix for Steam or Epic, then you are at the right place. After its recent update, many players are facing problems like the game won’t open, crashing, and more. But there are quite a few things you can do to solve this error, so here is how you can fix it on both EGS and Steam.
How to Fix Payday 2 Not Launching on Steam
Update 237 introduced some issues for players that are using mods. Even the patch notes added that the update may be incompatible with the mods you may have installed. And removing them should help you fix this error. Here are all the solutions that you can try:
For Unmodded game players
- Verify Game Files: There is a chance that some of your game files may have gotten corrupted while updating.
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on Payday 2 and choose Properties.
- Here, click on Installed Files and then click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for Steam to scan and repair your files, once done try playing the game.
For Modded game players
- Remove the Mods: As mentioned above many of your existing mods may not be compatible with the new update of Payday 2. Delete any mods that you might be using. Notably, remove the wsock32.dll or iphlpapi.dll files. Thanks to Nighthawk on Steam forums for sharing this fix. You can check out their post here.
- Update your SuperBLT: If you are using this mod-loading hook for Payday 2, then updating it to its latest version might help.
- Go to its website and download the “Latest Release DLL” file.
- Extract the downloaded DLL file and place it in the root folder of the game.
- Next, download the development version of BeardLib and extract it.
- Finally, go to your Mods folder for Payday 2 and replace the existing BeardLib folder with the development version you downloaded just now.
- This should fix it and you should be able to launch and play Payday 2 on Steam now.
How to Fix for Payday 2 Crashing for Steam & Epic
- Update your drivers: It is generally a good practice to keep your system drivers up-to-date. And for Payday 2 you should also make sure that your graphics drivers are also updated to the latest version. You can use Nvidia Geforce Experience or AMD Radeon Software for it.
- Restart your Game and client: A simple fix is to close the game. Next, close Epic Games or Steam. Then restart your game client and launch Payday 2. It should now work.
- Restart your PC: Restarting your PC and then trying to play the game can also work in some cases.
- Reinstall the game: Uninstall the game and remove all the game files to completely clear Payday 2 from your System. Now reinstall the game and it shouldn’t give you any Startup or crashing issues.
With these fixes, your game should be working now. If you recently got the game then you should check out our Payday 2 section. Here you can get help with topics on how to mark enemies, play with friends, get c4, and more.