Which difficulty level to choose in Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be one of the first questions on your mind if you are jumping into this franchise. Based on what you want from the game, you can pick the difficulty setting that suits you best. Even if you have played these games before, you may want to know about the settings since some things have changed in the Legendary Edition. So, let’s take a look at the options and which one you should choose.
Which Difficulty Level to Choose in Mass Effect Legendary Edition?
There are 5 Difficulty levels in Mass Effect Legendary Edition namely Casual, Normal, Veteran, Hardcore and Insanity. They are pretty self-explanatory but let’s go into slightly more detail about each of them.
- Casual: This difficulty is best for players who want to enjoy the story while also getting into the series for the first time.
- Normal: This is the standard difficulty level which should be ideal for most players who have played role-playing shooter games. The challenge with enemies will be normal and not too overwhelming.
- Veteran: This is for those players who are getting back into the game and already have a good experience with this series or even this genre. Enemies will be stronger and deal more damage.
- Hardcore: The difficulty level gets a spike in Hardcore and you can choose this if you have great practice with RPG shooters.
- Insanity: Now the Insanity difficulty is for those players who enjoy nightmarish challenges. You have to be literal veteran of the series to be able to progress in the game with this option. The levels of the bosses and other enemies will be scaled appropriately.
Is there a Difficulty Trophy or Achievement in Mass Effect Legendary Edition?
There is! If you manage to complete Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 with the Insanity difficulty setting, you get 3 achievements. That’s Insanity I, Insanity II and Insanity III. So if you are eyeing those bragging rights, set your difficulty to Insanity and watch the challenge unfold.
That’s all about which difficulty to choose in Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Based on your playstyle, prior experience with the games/series or genre, you can take your pick. Once you have decided, take a look at how to heal, how to get new weapons, armor and more.