In Stardew Valley one of the Artisan Goods that you can make is Truffle Oil. This item is relatively easy to make. And it also has a lot of potential for farming Gold as it doesn’t have many other uses. But knowing how to get this item by just playing the game can be tough. So in this guide check out how to make truffle oil in Stardew Valley.
How to Make Truffle Oil in Stardew Valley
To make Truffle Oil you need to place a truffle inside an oil maker and wait for 6 hours in-game. There are not many ingredients needed as such for this recipe. So you just need truffles based on the number of oils you want. And aside from that you need an Oil Maker. You can unlock its recipe after reaching level 8 in Farming. For an Oil Maker you need:
- Gold Bar: 1
- Hardwood: 20
- Slime: 50
After you craft it, here is what you should do:
- Place an Oil Maker anywhere on your farm.
- Next, add truffle to your inventory and equip it in your hands.
- Finally, go to any Oil Maker on your farm and place one inside it.
When the oil is ready you will see a chat bubble-like notification on your Oil Maker with its symbol on it. Click on it and collect the Truffle Oil.
Also Read | Which Gifts Does Alex Like in Stardew Valley?
How to Get Truffles
You need pigs on your farms to get Truffles. A pig has a chance to spawn one of these once it is outside the Barn. While Truffle Oils yield more profit you can still sell them without processing to get 625 Gold.
How to Use Truffle Oil in Stardew Valley
Truffle Oil mainly has two uses.
- Selling: You can sell it for 1065 gold. And this makes selling Truffle oil one of the best ways to farm money in this game.
- To make a Rain Totem: This oil is one of the three ingredients needed for making a Rain Totem. You can use this item to make the weather rainy the next day. Here is what you’ll need for crafting it:
- Hardwood: 1
- Pine Tar: 5
- Truffle Oil: 1
Aside from the above uses, you can also use it to complete quests. You need one to deliver to Mayor Lewis, and you can also use one for donating to the Community Center. It gets added to one of the 6 items in the Artisan Bundle. Although this use of it is optional.
That covers everything in this guide on how to make and use Truffle Oil in Stardew Valley. Since you like playing this game you should also find these guides useful on where do game screenshots go, what is snow yam, and how to complete the pirate’s wife quest.