Stardew Valley is a life-sim game based on the theme of farming and other activities. There are various non-playable characters in the game with whom we can interact. It is possible to become friends with such NPCs and even marry them in this game. However, this is only possible after you strengthen your relationship with them. To enhance your relationship with them, you have to do things that they love. In addition, you can also offer them their favorite food and gifts. Alex is an NPC who is a bachelor and one of the twelve marriageable characters. Here’s our guide that features the likes and loves of Alex in Stardew Valley.
Which Gifts Does Alex Like in Stardew Valley?
Alex lives at 1 River Road with George and Evelyn. He loves to hang out at the beach during the summers. Also, Alex is into sports and he brags about being a professional athlete all the time. Here’s what he likes:
- Alex likes all Universal Likes which include:
- All Artisan Goods excluding Oil which is Universally Disliked and Void Mayonnaise which is Universally Hated.
- He also likes to eat eggs except for the Void Egg. Also, it should be noted that a Dinosaur Egg is considered as an Artifact and not a normal egg.
Gifts that Alex Loves, is Neutral About, Dislikes, and Hates
Here are some things that Alex loves, Dislikes, Hates, and is Neutral about:
- Alex loves all Universal Loves which includes gifts like:
- Complete Breakfast – Alex loves to have complete breakfasts like Fried Egg, Milk, Hashbrowns, and Pancakes.
- Salmon Dinner – He loves to eat Salmon, Amaranth, and Kale for Dinner.
- Golden Pumpkin – Obtained by completing the maze during the Spirit Eve Festival celebrated each year.
- Magic Rock Candy – Obtained after dropped by the Haunted Skull. Can be purchased for 3x Prismatic Shards each Thursday from the Desert Trader.
- Pearl – Obtained while fishing in the Submarine Ride at the Night Market Festival. Also, it can be obtained from the Blobfish Fish Pond with a population of at least 9 fishes. Moreover, it is also available inside an Artifact Trove.
- Prismatic Shard – Obtained from the Mines.
- Rabbit’s Foot – Obtained from a Rabbit depending on your luck. Also, it can be purchased from the Travelling Cart for 1695G-2825G. Moreover, they can also be obtained from the Serpent’s Skull.
- Alex is Neutral about the following things:
- All Universal Neutrals – Bread, Clam, Coral, Duck Feather, Fried Egg, Hops, Nautilus Shell, Rainbow Shell, Roe, Squid Ink, Sweet Gem Berry, Tea Leaves, Truffle, Wheat, and Wool.
- All Fruits – Ancient Fruit, Apple, Apricot, Banana, Blackberry, Blueberry, Cactus Fruit, Cherry, Coconut, Cranberries, Crystal Fruit, Grape, Hot Pepper, Mango, Melon, Orange, Peach, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Qi Fruit, Rhubarb, Spice Berry, Starfruit, Strawberry, Wild Plum excluding Fruit Tree Fruit and Salmonberry.
- All Milk – Milk, Large Milk, Goat Milk, Large Goat Milk.
- Chanterelle – Peppy flavored mushroom with a fruity smell.
- Common Mushroom – Appears as a common brown Mushroom.
- Daffodil – A gift foraged in Spring.
- Dandelion – Its leaves make a good salad.
- Ginger – Used to increase vitality.
- Hazelnut – A normal Hazlenut foraged in Falls.
- Leek – Looks like Onion but tastier.
- Magma Cap – Rare Mushroom foraged in the Volcano Dungeon.
- Morel – A type of Mushroom foraged in the Spring.
- Purple Mushroom – Rare Mushroom found deep inside the Mines.
- Snow Yam – Found in Winter buried inside the snow.
- Winter Root – Found in Winer buried inside the snow. Also, sold occasionally at the Traveling Cart.
- Alex Dislikes these gifts:
- All Univeral Dislikes – Decreases your friendship level by 20 points.
- Salmonberry – A fruit foraged in Spring and commonly found in the bushes.
- Wild Horseradish – A type of root that is spicy in taste.
- Alex Hates these things:
- All Universal Hates – Decreases your friendship level by 40 points.
- Holly – Bright red berries used for decoration.
- Quartz – A Mineral found in the Mines. Also, occasionally found in Garbage Cans.
That’s everything you should know about the likes and loves of Alex in Stardew Valley. If you found this article helpful, then make sure to check out our Stardew Valley guides showcasing steps to Cook and find the Golden Pumpkin in the game.