In Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK), the Kiuyoyou Shrine features a Fire & Ice puzzle that you have to complete to solve the shrine. As now you’d be familiar, not every puzzle is that easy and requires proper attention to solve. And Fire and Ice puzzle is no different. Here you have to take giant ice cubes and use them to open gates & obtain a treasure chest. With that said, let’s take a look at the puzzle walkthrough to get done with the Kiuyoyou Shrine quickly.
How to Complete Kiuyoyou Shrine in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
In Tears of the Kingdom Kiuyoyou Shrine, there are 2 gates that you have to open to obtain 1 chest and complete the shrine. Both of them can be weighed down using the giant Ice cubes, however, beware of the blazing fire. For a better understanding, let’s go through the puzzle step by step.
- First head to the Kiuyoyou Shrine, situated in the Rowan Plain, at the northwest of Great Hyrule Forest. (Coordinates: -1106, 2090, 0104).
- Next, on your left side, you’ll see a locked fence, an ice cube, and a button that opens the fence gate as soon as you step on it.
- To keep the button weighed down, use Ultrahand to grab the Ice Cube and take it near the blazing fire.
- Ensure you don’t dip it in the fire or else it’ll melt into nothing in seconds.
- Hold it carefully near the fire and shrink it enough to fit it into the button slot.
- Once the gate is opened, jump in the pressured airwave. And use Paraglider to reach the other side of the shrine.
- Now, take the wall-type Metal plate on your right by using Ultrahand. And put it in front of a blazing fire to block it.
- Grab the giant ice cube away from the fiery zone and then remove the metal plate stopping the fire.
- And fuse it with the Ice Cube as shown in the image above. Here you’re half done with the Kiuyoyou Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom.
- After placing the metal plate on the top of the ice cube, keep it on the spikes on your right to slide it down easily.
- Now head down, garb the fused metal plate & ice cube, and take it near the chest marked in the image above.
- Here, Unfuse the metal plate and fuse it again to make a ramp-like structure to climb and reach the Chest. This Kiuyoyou Shrine treasure chest holds a Zonaite Spear, that you should not miss.
- After that, head down place the metal plate as it was before, and ensure you cover the ice cube from all sides.
- Once done, put it under the blazing fire located in your front and that’ll open the gate where you can take Light of the Blessing.
And that’s how to solve the Fire & Ice puzzle and complete the Kiuyoyou Shrine in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. If you’re done with this, then check out how to solve Makasura and Tukarok Shrines. Also, take a look at the Recipe list to cook food in Zelda TOTK.