How To Solve Makasura Shrine In Tears Of The Kingdom (An Upright Device)
The Makasura Shrine in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom features an Upright Device puzzle, which is quite tricky to solve. Here you’ll have to use the climbable metal device that looks like a grate. And can be used to reach and explore new areas of the shrine. As the game doesn’t state much about where you have to use the giant grate, it makes the player wonder what they’re doing wrong. If you’re also stuck in the Makasura Shrine and don’t know how to solve the Upright Device puzzle, then we’re here to help. In this guide below, we have mentioned a quick puzzle walkthrough to save you from the hassle.
How to Complete Makasura Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom
In Makasura Shrine, Fuse the giant metal grate & Zonai device to make an upright device in Tears of the Kingdom. Before you could do this, you’ll have to use Ascend ability and phase through the platform at the top of the empty room. For a better understanding, let’s go through the puzzle step by step.
- First, head into the Makasura Shrine, located on the South side of Kakariko Village (Co-ordinates 1770, -1051, 0166)
- Next, move further and ascend through the ledge type Platform on the top of the empty room.
- After that, take the Zonai device and Fuse it with the metal grate as shown in the image below
- Once done, hit the Zonai device with an arrow or your sword. Doing so will make the structure stand upright.
- After that, use Ultrahand and take the Upright Device on the edge. Make sure the ledge of the metal grate is facing your side.
- And then ascend through the ledge and ride your Paraglider to the other side of the shrine.
- On the other side, you’ll see the same structure but already fused together and ready to use.
- Grab that structure with Ultrahand ability, and take it near the metal fence on your left.
- After doing that, climb or ascend through the Upright Device (Giant Grate) and go to the other side of the fence. (Now here comes the important part of the Makasura Shrine puzzle in Tears of the Kingdom.)
- There you’ll spot a Zonai device, a metal grate with an attached bowl, and a ball. Here you have to launch the ball to the other side of the fence into the ball slot in the ground.
- To do that, simply place the ball in the bowl, and position it in the correct way as shown in the image below. So the Upright device can launch it to the other side, once activated.
- Once done positioning it, hit the Zonai to activate the device and see if it works.
- If it does, then deactivate the Zonai and sit in the bowl to launch yourself to get out of the fence room. Before that don’t forget to grab the treasure chest behind you that holds a Fairy Tonic.
- After you get out of the fence room place the ball in the slot in the ground to open the other fence room.
- There you’ll get one more metal grate with an attached bowl that you have to fuse with the metal grate you used before.
- Make sure you attach them the correct way so that you can launch yourself to the other side of the Shrine. Check out the image below for a better understanding.
- After doing that, don’t activate the Zonai device and take the structure to the edge.
- Once the device is facing the direction you want to launch, simply head into the bowl.
- Then use your arrow to hit & activate the Zonai, and voila you’ll be launched into the air. Use your Paraglider for a safe landing.
- After that, simply take Light of the Blessing and exit or stay in the shrine.
That covers everything about how you can solve the Upright Device and complete the Makasura Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom. If you haven’t completed the Nachoyah Shrine, then check out how you can do it. Also, take a look at the best Weapons you can use in Zelda TOTK.