How to save the girl in the pod in Baldur’s Gate 3? This question has been on the minds of almost everyone playing the prologue. Can you rescue and free the woman who is trapped in the mind flayer pod? Since you choices have consequences in this game, you need to know if you can actually save her or not? Find out in this guide.
Baldur’s Gate 3: Can You Save Girl in the Pod?
You can free the girl in the pod in BG3 and save her life by following these steps:
- Check the console right next to the Mind Flayer pod. It will be missing an object.
- To get that object, go towards the East into another room.
- There will be a Dead Thrall on the platform. Interact with the dead body and collect the items from it – you will then find an Eldritch Rune.
- With that Rune, go back to the console and insert it into the socket.
- After that, place your hand on the console.
- A short animation will play, after which you need to choose Illithid (Wisdom): Will the pod to open.
- This is how you can save and free the woman in the pod in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Should you free the woman in the pod?
Yes! After saving her, she will offer to join your party – go ahead and accept it because you will need her in combat. She is a Cleric and will be very useful in your adventure.
Who is the Woman in the Mind Flayer’s Pod?
She is Shadowheart. Check out our Baldur’s Gate III Shadowheart wiki guide to know her character sheet, starting equipment, how to romance her and more. When you leave Nautiloid and go to the beach, you will meet her again.
That’s what you need to know about how to save the girl in the pod in Baldur’s Gate 3. Don’t miss our other helpful guides about this game like how to take a short and long rest, level up characters, help downed characters, jump and more.