Listening to music while using Discord to chat with friends is something most of us like to do. If you want to know how to play music in Discord, there are a few ways to make it happen. Let’s take a look at all the options in this guide which will help you choose which one you want to go ahead with.
How to Play Music in Discord (2023)
You can play music in Discord either by using a Music bot or via a microphone. The steps are pretty simple for both -here’s how to do it.
How to Play Music using a Bot?
Try any of these best Discord music bots that will help you play music from streaming platforms such as Spotify, Soundcloud, Twitch streams, and probably Youtube (if they still support it). Here’s a complete guide on how to add a bot to your Discord server. In a nutshell, though, you have to visit the official website of the bot and click on the Invite button to bring it to your server. Make sure you give it the necessary permissions and authorize it to run on your server. You can do this process on Mobile as well as Desktop (PC).
Once you have invited the music bot and got it all set up, you have to check the relevant commands to make it play your preferred music. Every bot has different command prefixes so do check the ones for the bot you are using. For example, to play songs using the Hydra bot, you can use the command .play followed by the song name and it will add the song to the queue in a voice channel.
How to Play Music through Mic?
Follow these steps to use your microphone to play music in Discord.
- Open your Control Panel.
- Find Hardware and Sound and click on Manage Audio Devices.
- Click on the Recording tab.
- Enable Stereo Mix.
- Change it to Default mic.
- Now all you have to do is join a voice channel and play music via your microphone.
How to Listen to Music on Discord without a Bot?
You can play music on Discord without a bot if you connect your account to Spotify.
- Go to User Settings (it’s the gear icon next to your username).
- Click on Connections.
- Click on Spotify.
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Click on Agree to give Spotify the required permissions.
- Next, connect your Spotify account to Discord and check back in the Connections tab. You will see the integration.
- This is how you can listen to your Spotify playlist on Discord itself.
That’s all about how to play music in Discord. If you face issues where you can’t hear anyone (no audio in the server) or if the mic is not working, we’ve got some fixes for you. And for everything else, check out our Discord tips and tricks on Gamer Tweak!