How To Find & Breed Frogs In Minecraft
Now that a whole new biome of Mangrove Swamp has been added in The Wilds update, players are curious to explore it and find new creatures. Here’s a guide that explains where to find and how to breed Frogs in Minecraft 1.19. Plus, learn what do frogs eat as well.
Where to Find Frogs in Minecraft 1.19 (Location)
- Frogs can be found in the Swampy regions so you need to look for the Mangrove Swamp or Swamp biome.
- While exploring, search for mud blocks, Mangrove trees and areas with humid and warm climate because that’s where multiple variants of tadpoles and frogs will thrive.
- Some more ways to identify the swamps are lilypads, ponds, dense forests, vines etc.
In various regions, you can find the Warm (Grey), Cold (Green) and Temperate (Orange) types of Frogs. Which one you find depends on the biome the tadpole grew up in.
Some Biomes to Find Frogs
These are some of the other biomes where you can find Frogs.
- Dark Forest
- Sparse Jungle
- Bamboo Jungle
- Sunflower plains
- Birch Forest
What do Frogs Eat?
Frogs eat Slimeballs and Small Slimes in the game.
How to Breed Frogs & Get Tadpoles in Minecraft?
- If you feed 2 Frogs (near each other) a Slimeball, you can start breeding Frogs in the game. They can also eat Small Slimes instead of Slimeballs.
- This will make them get into “love mode” and bring them closer. After that, one of the frogs will become pregnant. Love mode is indicated by heart particles coming out of the creatures.
- If there’s a water tile with air above it, it will get on it to lay frogspawn.
- This frogspawn will hatch into tadpoles and then into frogs. If you manage to find some Tadpoles in an area but not Frogs, wait until they grow up.
- Slimeballs can be obtained by killing slimes (cube-shaped green mobs present in the Swamp biomes at night) and also from Baby pandas because they sneeze them out. Yep, that happens.
What to Do with Frogs?
Here’s everything you can do with Frogs:
- Attack Slimes to get Slime Balls as drops.
- Attack Magma Cube and get a Froglight Block (The variant of the frog that killed the magma cube can change the color of the Froglight).
- Breed them to get more Frogs.
That’s where to find Frogs in Minecraft and how to breed them, what they eat and what to do with them. During your journey, don’t forget to find the ancient city in the game as well.