Outriders is a looter shooter game and while playing you will end up with quite a bit of loot. This includes weapons, armor and other gear that may or may not be useful to you further ahead in the game. Some of it will be good, of course, and you will switch things up accordingly but what about those items that are unnecessary? How do you get rid of those? Well, to manage your inventory space, you need to know how to dismantle items, weapons and armor in Outriders and this guide will show how to do it.
How to Dismantle Weapons & Armor in Outriders
You can dismantle weapons and armor in Outriders by following these steps:
- Press the view button on your Xbox controller or Touchpad on your PS controller.
- The Hero menu will come up.
- Select the Inventory tab.
- Hover over the piece of gear you want to dismantle.
- Use the right stick (R3) or right click to mark the item.
- Once you see a yellow recycling logo, you know you’re on the right track.
- Mark every other item you want to end up dismantling including weapons, sidearms, helmet, boots and more.
- Press and hold the button indicated at the bottom of the screen to ‘Dismantle Marked’ (Y/Triangle).
Note that you can do this while you are in hiding or in an area with friends around you because it’s an online game that never pauses. Well, it does pause if you have the Nvidia GPU and use the trick in our guide. If not, it won’t pause even in solo play.
What do you get after Dismantling Gear?
Depending on what you dismantle, you will get Scrap or Iron, Leather, Titanium or Shards. So, the higher the rarity, the better the resources you get after dismantling. Titanium is the rarest and you will get it from Epic as well as Legendary armor and weapons.
In case you don’t want to go ahead and dismantle stuff, simply sell your equipment. In terms of dismantling vs selling, it is suggested to sell white items but for others you can take a decision as per the rarity.
That’s all about how to dismantle weapons and armor in Outriders and what you get after dismantling. We’ve got more information for you in our Outriders wiki guides so don’t miss out on some awesome tips and tricks.