While playing Dead Island 2 you will get various Skill cards. These are something you shouldn’t ignore because they are very important as they decide how the combat works for you in this game. But it can get a bit confusing since there are many to choose from. So here is a quick guide on what they are and how they work.
How to Get Skill Cards in Dead Island 2
You can get Skill Cards mainly by progressing through the game and leveling up. But aside from this, you can also find these cards during your side missions or while exploring the game’s world. These are the only two ways you can get these cards in the game. There are essentially 5 types of these Cards, these are Innate, Abilities, Survivor, Slayer, and Numen cards.
Here is what you should know about them.
What are Skill Cards?
As mentioned previously there are 5 skill cards. Innate cards are unique to your slayer. While the other 4 cards affect how you fight and the effects of the different attacks that you use. Out of these 5, you can only collect cards for the latter 4.
- Innate Skills: Unique passives that your Slayer already has. For example, Amy regains stamina when hitting zombies with a weapon throw.
- Abilities: These are your basic combat abilities. These cards give you the following abilities.
- Defense skill: It includes skills like Dodging & Blocking.
- Jump skill: The attack effect of your jump kick.
- Special skill: It decides your special attacks like dash and strike, war cry, or ground pound.
- Fury skill slot: This decides what your fury skill will be like Blood rush, surgical focus, street brawler, and served cold.
- Fury skill attack slot: The special attack that you can use while your Fury Mode is on.
- Survivor: These cards work as passives for your ability skill cards. You can add one survivor card for each skill which is defense, jump, special, and fury. They give you passive effects like health regen, speed boost, attack speed, and more.
- Slayer: These cards again work as passives but are more focused on giving advantages for using specific types of attacks. For example, you get a damage boost for maiming the enemies.
- Numen: These are the cards you unlock in the late game.
That covers everything you should know about skill cards in this game. For more help on this game check out our guides on how to beat Becki the Bride, how a workbench works, and how to dodge and block.