If you are facing the BG3 Mods not working issue, you cannot access or use any Mods in-game. As the game does support mods since the developers at Larian Studios encourage modding, many players want to try out new Mods. But as players use the Vortex Mod Manager to install updated mods from NexusMods, they are unable to load them into the game. As for some players who managed loading mods, they cannot access or use them in-game. So, is there a workaround to resolve this issue? Yes, there is. Check out our guide on how to fix the Mods not working in Baldur’s Gate 3.
How to Fix BG3 Mods Not Working
You can fix the Mods not working in Baldur’s Gate 3 by checking the updates of your installed Mods. If you are using the Vortex Mod Manager, launch the app to check the updates of your Mods.
Follow the below steps:
- Launch the Vortex Mod Manager and press the Update button on the top left side of your screen. This will detect any pending updates for all the installed mods. Note that this process can be time-consuming for the players who have installed many Mods.
- You can also manually update these mods by selecting and right-clicking the Mods.
- From there, select View on NexusMods which will direct you to their website.
- If you have any pending updates, ensure to download the files and update your mods to their latest version.
- Also, ensure that you have installed the required files for using the installed mods.
Rather than using the Vortex Mod Manager, we recommend installing the BG3 Mod Manager. But as for the players facing issues using this mod manager, here are some workarounds to fix the BG3 mods not working issue:
Manually Install Mods
You can try manually downloading and installing the mods instead of installing them from BG3MM or Vortex Mod Manager.
- Once you have downloaded the mod, install them in the following path:
- Local Drive:\Users\(User)\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur’s Gate 3\Mods
Ensure the Saved Load Order Path
You might be facing the BG3 Mods not working if your installed mods are not loading into the game. To resolve this issue, you must ensure the Saved load order path.
- Launch the BG3 Mod Manager and head to Settings.
- Then, press the Open Preferences option.
- Set the Saved Load Order to the following path or directory:
- Local Drive:\Users\(User)\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur’s Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public
- Save the settings and launch the game to check if the issue persists.
Install Full Release Mod Fixer
As a required mod file, install the Full Release Mod Fixer if your mods are not working in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Follow the below steps:
- Download and install the Full Release Mod Fixer (link over here).
- Launch the BG3 Mod Manager and select the Override option for this mod.
- Then, launch the game to check if your installed mods are working or not.
That’s all about how to fix the BG3 Mods not working issue. If you found this guide helpful, check out our guides to find out how to fix the failed to load Main Menu from Current Game mod, fix the Slack Skinned Head bug, and explore more Baldur’s Gate 3 Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.