Primordy Oil is a resource in Slime Rancher 2 that can be pretty hard to find. It can be found in the Ember Valley which is a dangerous area in the game. And even when you reach there finding it can be confusing as it looks similar to another resource. So in this guide let us quickly check the location where you can find the Primordy Oil in Slime Rancher 2.
Where to Find Primordy Oil in Slime Rancher 2?
You can find Primordy Oil in the Ember Valley.
- Go to the Ember Valley. It isn’t available directly rather you have to unlock it first.
- Open the map and look for areas where there is fire and head there.
- This area will also be home to the Boom slimes, these are the ones that explode and if you are near the explosion you lose HP. And this is also the place where you find the lava dust.
- Your main goal is to look for a black gooey liquid. While you are here you can ignore the Boom Slime, and also can collect the lava dust but don’t forget that you are here for the Oil.
- Primordy Oil is very similar to Lava dust but instead of having lava fragments, it is just a plain gooey liquid.
- Once you find a spot where this black liquid is spewing out of the ground. Go there and use your Vac to start collecting the Primordy oil. You can also choose to upgrade your Vac to make this primordy oil collection process faster.
In case you haven’t unlocked the Ember Valley, then here is how you can do that. Go northwest from the Rainbow fields and find the Pink Gordo slime. Make it explode then use the geyser to go up. Finally, you have to interact with the mechanism to get to the platform that takes you to the Ember Valley. I suggest you check our dedicated guide on how to unlock the ember valley in this game.
After collecting it you can find it in your inventory with a vial symbol that is dark and has a purple lid. You should collect this resource as often as you come across it as it will come in handy for future upgrades.
That covers this guide on the location where you can find the Primordy Oil in Slime Rancher 2. I suggest you also check our other guides on where to find batty slimes, find rock slimes, and how to use the upgrade fabricator.