There are multiple ways to play music in Discord and you can do them via both using a bot and without it. It all depends on personal preferences and how you wish your music to be curated, if you want to know how to play music in Discord, you’ve come to the right place.
How To Play Music In Discord
To play music in Discord, you can either link your Spotify account or use a bot. Both these things have their own advantages and disadvantages that we will get to further down. Having to be able to listen to music while your favorite game is on, can be a catalyst to your already favorite game.
How To Play Music In Discord Using Spotify
To play music in discord using Spotify, all you have to do is follow the steps given below:
- Open Discord
- Go to User Settings
- Click on Connections
- Find the Spotify icon
- Log in with your credentials on the Spotify website
- Click on Agree button at the bottom of the Terms and Conditions page.
- You should get a notification saying, “Connected Your Spotify Account to Discord.”
- If everything is done right, you will find your linked Spotify account in the Connections tab in Discord.
Also Read: How To Permanently Delete A Discord Account
How To Play Music In Discord Using Bots
You can add a music bot to your server in Discord and this will automate the entire process.
Follow the steps to know how to play music in Discord using bots:
- Open Discord
- Click on the Plus Button at the bottom left corner that says “Add a Server“.
- Give a name and region to your server.
- Find a music bot website for Discord and press the Add or Invite button.
- Enter your Discord credentials.
- Select the server you wish to add the music bot to.
- After the verification process, you will have a music bot to your server in Discord.
That is all, doing this will allow a bot to select the track and play it on your server.
How To Play Music During A Discord Call
This can be done easily with the use of a bot and hence we’re going to show you just how you can add music to your Discord calls.
- Open the Groovy.bot website
- Hit the Add To Discord button
- Select the server to which you want to add the bot to
- Click on Authorize
- Finish the final checks
If you wish you can check out our guide on exactly how to add Groovy.bot to your Discord Server right here.
This will have you set up a bot that will play music when you’re on a discord call, there are a ton of bots that you can use to play music on your dedicated discord server. We highly recommend the Groovy.bot as it is the most reliable.
This is all there is to know about how to play music in Discord. While you’re here make sure to check out how to quote someone on Discord right here on Gamer Tweak.