Evil Dead The Game is finally out on Friday, the 13th (whatta date!) and has brought all the characters back into the game. You can play as Ash Williams (Bruce Campbell), or any of his friends from the iconic franchise. While the game features an ultimate multiplayer and PVP modes, some players are reportedly unable to launch the game. Thus, we have compiled some of the potential methods that can help resolve this issue. So, here are some of the fixes to resolve the crashing issues on startup in Evil Dead The Game.
Evil Dead The Game Crashing Fix
Mentioned below are some of the fixes to resolve the crashing issues:
- For some players, simply restarting their device solved the crashing issue.
- While a few players could resolve this problem in a single reboot, for some players it took a couple of reboots.
- If this method did not work for you, try out the next method.
Update Graphics Drivers
- Hit the Start button and search for the Device Manager.
- Launch the device manager and double-click on the Display Adapters option.
- Right-click on your graphics driver and select the Update driver option.
This method will update your drivers to the latest version.
- If your game is unable to launch on the startup, update DirectX on your PC.
- If the version is outdated, you can re-install and update it to its latest version.
- Issues with DirectX can often lead to the game crashing during startup or launch.
Run as an Administrator
- Right-click on Evil Dead The Game’s icon and select the Run as an Administrator option.
- Then, as you have launched the game, check if the problem is resolved or persists.
Verify Game Files
Follow these steps to verify your game:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher and go to its Libary.
- Click on the three horizontal lines and select the Verify option.
- If your game files are corrupt, this method will re-download all the data to fix this issue.
Launch the game to check if the problem persists.
Close all the Background Activities
- Some of the programs that run in the background can interfere with the game to cause frame drops and crashes.
- Hit the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to clear out the background activities and programs taking much memory.
That’s all on fixes for Evil Dead The Game crashing issues. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on how to unlock four locked characters, how to reduce fear levels, and how to use a flashlight in Evil Dead the Game right here on Gamer Tweak.