Spruce up your surroundings by building a pond on your estate in Sims 4 Cottage Living. With ponds, you get the ability to add in fishes, ducks, and swans right on your property. Plus, you can complete that all-important aesthetic look that your cottage needs to have. So, scroll down and find out how to add a pond in the Cottage Living Expansion Pack.
How to add and build a Pond in Sims 4 Cottage Living Expansion Pack?
- Go over to the Build/Buy mode first.
- Now, go over to the terrain tools section.
- After this select the ‘Paint Tool’ area.
- From this list select the ‘Lower Terrain’ option.
- Choose between round or square brush styles.
- After this select the speed at which the tool carves into the land.
- Once you have built the pond to your satisfaction in Sims 4 Cottage Living, go over to the Terrain Menu again.
- Now, choose the Water Tool option from the menu.
- Inside this, you will further find 4 options.
- Among these choose between either ‘Raise the water level’ or the ‘Fill water to level’ option.
- If you choose the latter, the pool will automatically fill up to the brim.
How to decorate the Pond?
- Go to the Build/Buy option.
- Now, look for the ‘Outdoor Water Decor’ section.
- From here you can add in any of the features you want.
- To add fish you will first have to add a ‘Fishing Allowed Sign’ from the Outdoor Water Decor section.
- But, to add fishes you will have had to actually register some fish in your notebook beforehand which you can do either by fishing or grocery shopping.
This is everything you need to know about how to build and decorate a Pond in Sims 4 Cottage Living. While you are here you can also have a look at how to make money in the game as well as how to cultivate Oversized Crops.