Cookie Clicker is an idle game which revolves around making cookies. It was released in 2013 but now it gets a Steam version which brings us to the question – how to download and install Cookie Clicker Steam Mods? What advantages do these mods offer? Let’s dig deeper into this.
Best Cookie Clicker Steam Mods
Reddit user u/klattmose has posted in the r/CookieClicker subreddit that they have ported mods for the Steam version. The list includes:
- Cookie Clicker Script Extender (Steam) – This is a modding framework which the other mods can use to make the modding process easier.
- Fortune Cookie (Steam) – This predicts the results of the Grimoire minigame spells.
- Klattmose Utilities (Steam) – With this, you can create a infinite number of fully customizable hotkeys but it will disable Steam achievements.
- Horticookie (Steam) – This will help you in the Garden minigame.
- Idle Trading (Steam) – This will help you in the Market minigame.
- American Season (Steam) – You will get a firework themed season with it and it will disable Steam achievements.
- Decide Your Destiny (Steam) – You can decide your destiny by spending sugar lumps to decide the outcome of the next natural golden cookie.
- Timer Widget (Steam) – You will see a countdown for buffs and shimmers via a special object.
- Hurricane Sugar (Steam) – Players will get a Golden Cookie effect that shortens the time for sugar lumps to ripen to 1 sec for a certain time period. It will disable Steam achievements.
- Black Hole Inverter (Steam) – You will get a new building as well as upgrades and achievements. It will disable Steam achievements.
- Steam Achievement Enabler (Steam) – This will enable Steam achievements irrespective of other mods.
How to Install Cookie Clicker Steam Mods?
To use the mods mentioned above, head over to klattmose’s Github.
- Download the zip file with the mod.
- Extract the files to the Cookie Clicker mod directory which is: \Steam\steamapps\common\Cookie Clicker\resources\app\mods\local
- You need to enable them through your in-game mod manager via the Options Menu.
- Enable any dependency.
- And that’s it! Start playing the game with these mods.
But again, due to the fact that some change the game balance, the Steam achievements will be disabled. So if you are okay with that, go ahead and use them!
That’s all about Cookie Clicker Steam Mods. If some more mods come up in the future, we will update this guide for you. Meanwhile, don’t forget to check out all about Heralds, how to get Milk and more.