COD Modern Warfare 2 features a plethora of enticing story missions and objectives to complete for the campaign. The Dark Water is the twelfth mission of COD MW2 that revolves around disarming one of the missiles that can be used by Hassan. For this campaign mission, you play as Soap and this mission takes place around the open sea. Not to worry, check out our guide on how to complete the Dark Water mission in Modern Warfare 2.
How to Complete Modern Warfare 2 Dark Water Mission
As mentioned earlier, the Dark Water mission involves disarming one of the missiles in MW2. But obviously, there are some objectives you need to complete before that. So, here are all the objectives you need to complete in the Dark water mission:
- Clear the bottom Deck of the Oil Rig
- Clear the top Deck of the Oil Rig
- Investigate the Missile Container
- Rappel onto the Boat
- Join forces with Shadow-3 on the ship
- Clear the deck of the ship
- Breach the ship structure
- Clear the interior structure
- Disarm the missile
So, let’s start the walkthrough with some tips and strategies to keep in mind for the Dark Water mission in Modern Warfare 2.
Clearing the Oil Rig
- Upon starting this mission, head to the door to the right. But beware of the incoming enemy that will attack as you unlock the second door.
- As with every campaign mission, you will encounter several AQ enemies. So, be extremely fast to fire before getting any hits.
- With the second team going left, follow Alejandro and the group up the stairs.
- You will move to the Main Deck of the Oil Rig as you unlock and pass through a door.
- Keep on clearing out all the enemies with your team until you come across a huge blue container.
- You can also stand on containers for a vision to kill the AQ enemies. But for that, you need to be fast to attack them.
- Alternatively, you can also take cover behind the containers to clear out enemies.
- Once you have cleared out all the enemies, pass through the platform and climb the stairs. Lastly, investigate the huge blue-colored container.
You will find that the container box is empty and has no controls for the missile as you interact. The controls are on the ship across some distance from the Oil Rig. So, rappel down the rope to get on the boat. This boat will take you to the ship that has the missile controls.
Get Onboard the Ship
You will reach the Main ship as you hit the ramp from your boat. You will also meet the second group with Graves and Ghost on the ship.
- As you reach the main boat, clear out all the enemies on the ship.
- But the main problem here is the strong current of the water that keeps on wobbling the ship. Due to this, all the containers on the deck keep on shifting places.
- If you don’t move out of the way, you might get crushed by these containers. But the trick here is to use the red-colored structures on the boat that are not moving.
- You can also use the wobbling containers on the deck to get to these structures.
- The main objective here is to clear the deck of the ship and keep on moving further.
- You will come across an entrance to breach the structure of the ship.
- When you find it, clear out the enemies and climb up the stairs to move to the other part of the deck.
- You need to plant a C4 to enter the bridge entry. Upon blowing the entrance, head inside the hallway and clear out more enemies.
- Once you have cleared out all the rooms and hallway, head over to the Missiles controls on the upper floor.
Disarming or Detonating the Missile
Now, for the final act, you need to detonate the bomb before it reaches its final target. For that, you need to hit the CLR and Mode buttons at the same time. Next, Graves will ask you the last digit on Row Two, Column One. The answer to that is letter C. Finally, hit the Execute button to complete the job and Dark Water mission in Modern Warfare 2. If you are having trouble completing this objective, check out our guide on how to defuse the bomb in Dark Water for more insight.
How to Avoid the Deck in Dark Water Mission in MW2
For all the trophy hunters, you can also get the “Don’t Touch the Deck” achievement in this mission. As the name already suggests, you need to cross the deck before touching the ground on the ship.
- Upon boarding the ship, don’t get out of the boat directly. Instead, head right and get on the red container.
- Within some time, you will see the containers start wobbling and moving due to the waves in the sea.
- When the containers start moving, jump on the closest container.
- You need to keep on jumping over these containers to avoid the ground. But be extremely cautious of the enemies around the main ship.
- As you don’t have any cover, you will be vulnerable to hits by other enemies. So, be wary of the attacks and try to eliminate as many enemies as possible.
- Focus on getting behind the upper level of the structures of the ship that don’t wobble.
The main tip to getting this trophy or achievement is having patience. Once you get on the upper level of the deck that has missile controls, you will get the “Don’t Touch the Deck” trophy or achievement in MW2.
That’s everything covered about how to complete the Dark Water mission in Modern Warfare 2. If you liked this guide, check out our more guides on how to board the APC, how to enter the Barge, what is Tier 1 Shipment, and more COD Modern Warfare 2 Guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.