In Zelda TotK, you are going to come across various water bodies that you’ll have to cross and move further. However, doing so can be a hassle in the early stages of the game. But don’t worry, players can always build basic rafts or boats to traverse around the water in Tears of the Kingdom. As a downside, the game doesn’t explain much about how you can do that. But let’s not sweat much on this issue, that because there are many difficult bosses ahead that you have to deal with. So with that being said, scroll down and check out our crafting guide to make a raft of a boat in Zelda TotK.
How do you Build Rafts & Boats in Tears of the Kingdom?
In Tears of the Kingdom, to build rafts or boats all you need is some Lumber, a Sail, or a Zonai Fan. But before you could use this item, you’ll need to get the Ultrahand ability that is required to combine things in the game. If you already have it, then take a look at the crafting steps mentioned below.
- First, chop trees with your Axe and get 3 to 5 Lumbers.
- Next, access the Ultrahand ability by hitting the Left bumper and selecting the red hand icon.
- After that, press A to attach logs as shown in the image above. To rotate the log press R.
- Players can make a raft/boat out of three logs and even five logs in Tears of the Kingdom.
- Once done, combing them all together, look for a Sail near the shore.
- After finding one, again use the Ultrahand ability and attach it to the top of the logs, as shown in the image above.
- And then, simply grab the raft using Ultrahand and put on the water in the direction the wind is going.
The first time you’ll come in need to craft a boat or a raft is during unlocking the In-Isa Shrine. But if the raft is not fast enough for you, then you can always attach a Zonai Fan to it. And then hit it with your weapon to turn on the device. But to get a Zonai Fan, you’ll have to use the Zonai Device Dispenser found in the Sky Islands.
That covers all about how you can build rafts & boats in Tears of the Kingdom. While you’re here, do check out other Vehicle builds you can make in Zelda TotK. Also, take a look at the ways to farm Rupees in the game.