Grounded is a first and third-person cooperative and survival video game. As you progress with the game, you will encounter several ghastly wild creatures and enemies that can damage you. That being said, you need to equip suitable armor to protect yourself from them. There are tons of armor pieces that you can craft with different recipes. But several players in the community are confused about which ones to equip. So, check out our guide to find out the best armor in Grounded.
What is the Best Armor in Grounded
In my opinion, you need to equip suitable armor according to your playstyle and progression. While some armor can be great for the early game, some can be great to wear during the endgame. So, we have divided these criteria into three sections:
- Best Early Game Armor
- Best Mid-Game Armor
- Best End-Game Armor
Best Early Game Armor to Equip
For the early game, you can craft the Clover or the Acorn Armor Set, to begin with. Here are all the ingredients needed to craft the Clover Armor set and its bonus:
- Clover Hood: x4 Clover Leaf and 1 Crude Rope
- Poncho: x6 Clover Leaf and x3 Crude Rope
- Shin Guards: x3 Clover Leaf, 2 Crude Rope, and 2 Sprigs
- Bonus: Moist
Here are the ingredients needed to craft the Acorn Armor set and its additional bonus:
- Acorn Face Mask: x1 Acorn Shell, x5 Mite Fuzz, and x3 Crude Rope.
- Chestplate: x3 Acorn Shells, x6 Clover Leaf, and x4 Crude Rope.
- Leg plates: x2 Acorn Shells, x4 Sap, and x4 Crude Rope.
- Bonus: Uncrackable
Best Mid-Game Armor to Equip
The Ladybug, Spider, and Koi Scale Armor sets are the best to craft during the mid-game. So, here are the ingredients needed to craft the Ladybug Armor Set and its bonus:
- Ladybug Faceplate: x1 Ladybug head, x2 Ladybug Part, and x3 Berry Leather.
- Chestplate: x2 Flower Petals, x4 Ladybug Part, and x4 Berry Leather.
- Shin Guards: x5 Ladybug part, x4 Berry Leathers, x4 Flower Petals.
- Bonus: Scarlet Embrace
Here are all the ingredients needed to craft the Spider Armor Set and its bonus:
- Spider Hood: x2 Spider Fang, x3 Spider Chunks, and x2 Berry Leathers.
- Shoulder Guard: x5 Spider Chunk, x3 Berry Leather, and x4 Silk Ropes.
- Knee Pads: x4 Spider Chunk, x2 Berry Leather, and x4 Silk Ropes.
- Bonus: Hunter’s Prowess
Mentioned below are all the ingredients needed to craft the Koi Scale Armor set and its bonus:
- Koi Scale Helmet: x2 Koi Fish Scales, x2 Eelgrass Strand, x2 Lilypad Wax, and x3 Silk Ropes.
- Chestplate: x5 Koi Fish Scales, x3 Eelgrass Strand, x3 Lilypad Wax, and x2 Sunken Bone.
- Scale Greaves: x3 Koi Fish Scales, x2 Eelgrass Strand, x2 Lilypad Wax, and x3 Sunken Bone.
- Bonus: Dazzling Riposte
Best Endgame Armor in Grounded
Lastly, for the endgame part, the Mask of the Mother Demon would be a suitable choice. It is one of the best tier 3 armor pieces from the lot. You can craft this head armor by using x1 Broodmother Fang, x3 Broodmother Chunks, and x10 Silk Ropes. This armor has the highest defense rating and the bonus of Poison coating that can inflict heavy damage to your enemies.
You can also explore other armor sets and pieces. As mentioned earlier, having an Armor depends on your playstyle and the progression. So, we leave the rest of the decision to you.
That’s everything about the best armor in Grounded. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how to get Gnat Fuzz, where is the Black Ant Hill, and more Grounded Guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.