One of the toughest bosses after a side quest is Mahjoob simply due to his damage-dealing proficiency and his ability to heal from damage multiple times. As a result, it is quite obvious that most players would be wondering how to beat Mahjoob in Diablo 4. Even going all out at the start won’t help since this battle is more about preserving and precision rather than being ballistic and using all your attacks from the start. If you are having a tough time completing The Only Cure quest and clearing Mahjoob’s Safehouse dungeon, our guide will help you with the basics of getting through this battle.
How to Defeat Mahjoob in Diablo 4
Thanks to MapGenie, we can pinpoint the exact location of Mahjoob’s Safehouse in Diablo IV for players to head to this boss fight.
Once players hand over the Ghost Palm Flower while in Mahjoob’s Safehouse, the boss fight will begin. Since the boss has a troublesome healing ability, players will have to deal constant damage over long periods of time. Keep in mind, healing yourself will be of utmost importance since the boss has a knack for depleting your health more often. As a ranged class (Rogue) it was easy to stay away from the majority of the boss’s damage. However, a close combat class will need tighter defense and a lot more healing potions. If you are looking to defeat Mahjoob, you will need a lot of ranged firepower in Diablo 4.
- Although there are no phases (like most boss fights), Mahjoob will heal at least 3-4 times (maybe more) based on our fight. In the meantime, the boss will use AoE attacks if you are too far or will continuously attack you if you are close.
- The boss has two AoE attacks at the start, one is a stone wall type of barrage that appears from under the ground. For the second one, players will notice pools of blood forming that will deplete their health. Players can easily dodge both of these attacks to avoid any damage.
- Do note that staying too close to the boss without your shields will result in death quite quicker than you would expect. Even for a tank class, it is easy to take physical damage from Mahjoob in Diablo 4.
- One of his most threatening attacks is when he spits numerous acid balls from his mouth. It will follow the player so make sure you run in one direction or use Dash ability (Rogue) to get on the other side of the attack.
- While fighting Mahjoob, you will have to constantly move around the arena and try to target his back. Although it is a small window, you can use your skills to deal some serious damage. Keep in mind that he will heal most of these at the start.
- Keep attacking constantly and if you have the skill to reduce the cooldown, it will aide you significantly. Once players notice that the boss is draining health without healing, they can strike as many attacks as they want and defeat Mahjoob in Diablo 4.
Players will get high XP and Kehjistan Renown for defeating the boss. And that’s all we have on how to defeat Mahjoob in Diablo IV. Since you are exploring Sanctuary, do check out how to beat The Curator, farm Baleful Fragments. These are quite useful after beating the campaign. Also, do check out our Diablo IV dedicated section for more such guides right here at Gamer Tweak.