If you are unable to beat Ansur in BG3, you might have underestimated the dragon. While this can be a challenging fight, you can take this dragon down to get the Legendary loot and rewards. As you interact with the dragon’s rotting carcass, its spirit senses The Emperor lurking in the Astral Plane and calls him out. Since he and the Emperor are old friends with bitter history, there’s no other option than defeating Ansur. So, check out our guide to find out how to beat the Ansur in Baldur’s Gate 3.
How to Beat Ansur in Baldur’s Gate 3
You can beat Ansur in BG3 once you have solved the Legend of Ansur Book puzzle and all the puzzles at Wyrmway Dungeon. These puzzles include the Chamber of Justice, Chamber of Insight, Chamber of Strategy, and the Chamber of Courage. Once you have solved these puzzles, head to the Dragon’s Sanctum chamber to fight against Ansur. Soon as you interact with the Ansur, it will trigger a cutscene with the Emperor.
With a health bar of 400 HP, Ansur is a level 17 Undead Dragon. Alongside Ansur, you will also be pitted against various Water Myrmidons and Elementals. But rather than focusing on killing them, you must target Ansur and deplete his health.
So, here are some tips and strategies to beat the Ansur in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Since Ansur has some help, we recommend using the Dance Macabre in BG3. Being a level 6 spell from the Necromancy of Thay, it summons six Ghouls until Long Rest.
- If your Tav is a Wizard or if you have Gale in your party, use the Globe of Invulnerability spell. This spell creates a barrier that offers immunity to all incoming damage.
- Rather than close melee attacks, we suggest using ranged or AoE attacks. That’s because Ansur can use the Attack of Opportunity to cause melee swipes.
- You must place your party members around the Ansur since this dragon can inflict massive damage.
- We suggest not using any Lightning attacks on Ansur due to their Hoarding Energy effect. While the attacks can inflict the Blinded condition and cause minor damage, this dragon can absorb all the electricity.
- Once the attack has enough charge, it can unleash the AoE damage affecting the entire arena and party members. So, be cautious using any Lightning attacks on this dragon.
- As you fight with Ansur in BG3, ensure to inflict as much damage as possible in fewer turns. For example, you can use the Arrow of Dragon Slaying that deals double damage to the Dragons with 42~56 damage.
All Ansur Drops in BG3
Here are all Legendary loot and rewards dropped by Ansur in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Balduran’s Giantslayer – Double the damage from your Strength modifier on a hit. Gain an advantage on attack rolls against large, Gargantuan, and huge creatures along with a +3 Weapon enhancement.
- Helm of Balduran – Heals you with +2 Hit points at the beginning of every turn. You can neither be Stunned nor anyone can land Critical Hits on you.
That’s all about how to beat Ansur in Baldur’s Gate 3. If you found this guide helpful, check out our guides to find out how to beat the Gerringothe Thorm, how to find and beat the Orin, and explore more Baldur’s Gate 3 Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.