Gerringothe Thorm is one of the most formidable foes you’ll encounter like Thisobald while exploring the outskirts of Baldur’s Gate 3. This powerful enemy has taken up residence in the Tollhouse north of Moonrise Towers, and presents a serious challenge for even experienced players. Defeating them can be challenging, but you can use several methods to take them down. In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to take down Gerringothe Thorm and claim victory over this optional boss.
How to Defeat Gerringothe Thorm in BG3
Conversation with Gerringothe
When you first approach Gerringothe, a conversation will be triggered where they will demand gold from you in order to pass. You can avoid combat altogether by convincing them to pay you instead.
Keep asking questions instead of attacking or giving more gold, and eventually, you’ll unlock a Monk-specific dialogue option to help Gerringothe reflect on the dangers of greed. This requires a DC 18 check.
After getting Gerringothe to doubt herself, you’ll get to make a difficult Persuasion, Deception or Intimidation skills to convince her to renounce her ways. If you succeed, Gerringothe and her minions will explode. Be sure to loot the Twist of Fortune Morningstar.
Characters with high persuasion or deception skills, like Rogues, Bards, and Monks, will have the best chance at pulling this off.
If you want to defeat Gerringothe in direct combat, you’ll need to remove their protective gold armor first. This can be done by destroying the floating skulls around the top floor of the Tollhouse.
Here are some tips for defeating Gerringothe in battle:
- Have your characters sneak upstairs and enter stealth mode. Focus on taking out skulls from the outskirts first.
- Time your attacks carefully. The skulls can overwhelm you if too many are active at once.
- Use backstabs and ranged attacks on the skulls to avoid too much damage.
- Eliminate as many skulls as possible to thoroughly remove Gerringothe’s gold armor.
- Gerringothe has over 600 health, so be prepared for a lengthy fight once the armor is down. Use spells and abilities wisely.
- Keep your party spread out to avoid area attacks from Gerringothe and the skulls.
With careful strategy and patience, Gerringothe can be defeated through dialogue or combat.
That’s all for Gerringothe Thorm battle with Baldur’s Gate 3. If you are looking for more guides on this game then check out our BG3 section.