You will encounter formidable bosses, including the imposing Thisobald Thorm in Baldur’s Gate 3. This massive enemy can be a challenge to defeat, but fear not, as we’ll guide you through two ways to emerge victorious. This grotesque brewer resides in The Waning Moon tavern, where he challenges adventurers to drink contests in exchange for rewards. In this article, we’ll explore both conversation and combat strategies to help you beat Thisobald Thorm.
Best Ways to Beat Thisobald Thorm in BG3 (Baldur’s Gate 3)
The best approach is to defeat Thisobald in conversation at The Waning Moon and win a series of Skill Checks. Different conversation options will be available depending on your character’s class. The key is to choose dialog options that play to your character’s strengths and make Skill Checks in areas where you have an advantage.
- Bring a character with a high Constitution and Performance skills, such as a Monk or Rogue.
- Choose options that align with your character’s class and personality.
- Ensure you pass the Performance checks with a 16 DC to succeed in the conversation.
If you prefer a more direct approach, you can defeat Thisobald Thorm through combat. However, he is immune to physical attacks like slashing, piercing, and bludgeoning damage. Instead, you’ll need to use elemental attacks to hurt him. When you hit him with an element, he will absorb that attack and then strike back at you using the same element on his next attack. So you’ll need to switch up the attacks constantly.
- Spread out your squad to avoid his wide-reaching attacks.
- Use summons and illusions to distract him and draw his attacks.
- Have multiple sources of light to help coordinate your party’s movements and attacks.
- Keep your distance, and use ranged elemental spells.
- Inflict massive damage by transforming into powerful creature forms.
- Defeat his minions first and gather the spoils when he’s defeated.
With smart positioning, elemental attacks, and capitalizing on his inebriated state, Thisobald can be overcome. Stay light on your feet, keep your distance, and use companions to soak up his AOE blasts. The treasures found in his secret room make it well worth the tricky fight.
That’s all on how to defeat Thisobald Thorm in Baldur’s Gate 3. You can explore more BG3 Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.