There are a few Golden Tools in Animal Crossing: New Horizons like the Axe, Shovel, Slingshot, Net, Fishing Rod and Watering Can. As the name indicates, these tools aren’t ordinary. These glistening Golden Tools will last much longer than your normal tools.
All About ACNH Golden Tools
Here’s all you need to know about Golden tools in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
What are Golden Tools?
The Golden Tools in New Horizons form the top tier of tools. They are special, long lasting and durable but they can still break. The only difference is that they don’t break as fast as your normal Flimsy Tools do. Nevertheless, owning some Golden Tools in ACNH is worthy of some pats on your back.
How to Craft a Golden Tool
Every golden tool has its own DIY recipe which is not that easy to complete. You will need to spend a significant amount of time playing Animal Crossing New Horizons to get to the point of Golden Tools.
The Golden Axe
- How to get the Golden Axe: When you break a hundred axes (yes, a hundred!), you will receive the recipe of the Golden Axe. You can craft some Flimsy Axes to reach this level.
- Crafting the Golden Axe: The crafting recipe of the Golden Axe includes 1 Gold Nugget and 1 Axe.
The Golden Shovel
- How to get the Golden Shovel: Rescue Gulliver when you see him washed up on the beach. He will ask for your help, so make sure to complete that task. Now do this 30 times. Then, you will get the Golden Shovel DIY recipe in the mail.
- Crafting the Golden Shovel: The crafting recipe of the Golden Shovel includes 1 Gold Nugget and 1 Shovel. Here’s a detailed guide on how to get the Golden Shovel easily in ACNH.
The Golden Slingshot
- How to get the Golden Slingshot: To get a Golden Slingshot, you need to shoot 300 balloons. Then, you will be rewarded with a DIY recipe for the Golden Slingshot.
- Crafting the Golden Slingshot: To craft the Golden Slingshot, you will require 1 Gold Nugget and 1 Slingshot.
The Golden Net
- How to get the Golden Net: Catch all the bugs in Animal Crossing: New Horizons to unlock the DIY recipe of the Golden Net. There are 80 bugs, so once you are done with catching all of them, you will get a DIY recipe in the mail.
- Crafting the Golden Net: You will need 1 Gold Nugget and 1 Net.
The Golden Fishing Rod
- How to get the Golden Fishing Rod: For the Golden Fishing Rod, catch every single fish available in the Critterpedia (there are 80 of them). You will get the DIY recipe of the Golden Fishing Rod in the mail after this.
- Crafting the Golden Fishing Rod: You will need 1 Gold Nugget and 1 Fishing Rod.
The Golden Watering Can
- How to get the Golden Watering Can: A Golden Watering Can is very difficult to gain because you need to achieve a 5 star rating for your island first. To make your island a 5 star island, you must decorate it with trees, flowers, add better infrastructure and facilities. When you talk to Isabelle after doing all this, she will evaluate your island and give you a DIY recipe for the Golden Watering Can along with your 5 star rating.
- Crafting the Golden Watering Can: Similar to every other Golden Tool, you will need 1 Gold Nugget and 1 Watering Can.
You will notice that every DIY recipe above requires a Gold Nugget. You can get it by hitting a rock with a Shovel or an Axe. Gold Nuggets are quite rare so patience is key. The journey towards getting the Golden Tools is long and filled with many challenges, but it’s a great feeling when you eventually craft them.
For more such guides, read our extensive Animal Crossing: New Horizons Wiki Guide. You’ll find lots of useful tips and tricks there to create an amazing island!