If you are bored of the basic concept of this multiplayer game, why not add a twist to it to make it interesting? The Among Us Prop Hunt Mod will do that for you. In this Among Us mod, you can change players to props from the map that is chosen. Basically, crewmates and imposters will be hidden in plain sight because you will only see game assets of sprites instead of actual spacemen. Each player will get one of the props like CCTV, Emergency button, laptop and even a vent. So, if this is something you want to try out, check out this guide on how to install the Prop Hunt Mod in Among Us.
How To Install Prop Hunt Mod In Among Us
First, ensure that every player in the group or lobby has this mod because only then it will work seamlessly. Plus, this is an unofficial mod by Spect0rr and not from the original developers so it can affect the game files in an unexpected way. So make sure that you have a backup of your game files, just in case.
Here’s how to download and install Prop Hunt Mod (Step by step process):
- First, you must download the Unity Assets Bundle extractor in 32 or 64 bit. You can get it from github.
- Next, download the Prop Hunt mod pack by its creator Spect0rr.
- Go ahead and launch the extractor you downloaded before.
- Then File > Local Package File > [Name of the Mod Pack].emip.
- Tick everything.
- Open Steam.
- In the Library, right click on Among Us.
- Select Browse local files > Among Us_Data.
- Copy the folder path and paste it into the Base Folder Bar in the Unity Assets Bundle extractor.
- Now, Click OK.
- Select File > Save > Save again.
- Lastly, shift the saved file into the folder of Among Us_Data. Replace the existing file.
Here’s video guide by Spect0rr that will make things easier for you:
This is how to install the Prop Hunt Mod In Among Us which will make player characters turn to props present on the map.
Since this will not prevent the usernames from showing up above the asset, you can use a No Nickname Tag mod that is also by Spect0rr.
How to Play Prop Hunt
Here are the rules to play Among Us Prop Hunt style:
- The basic concept remains the same – crewmates have to finish their tasks and imposters have to kill every crewmate before they can complete their tasks.
- There will be no meetings in Prop hunt custom game mode.
- No one can report dead bodies.
- Players can choose a prop for themselves.
- The goal is to find a good hiding spot as per the prop (for crewmates) and kill disguised crewmates (for imposters).
- What makes it challenging is that crewmates will have to move around to complete tasks which is an opportunity for the imposter to kill them. But if they make the most of appropriate hiding spots, the imposter can get confused easily.
- More details can be decided by the players who are playing together. Overall, it is pretty similar to the Hide and Seek Among Us version so you can use settings like that.