The Tera Raids for Walking Wake & Iron Leaves are here in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, and players are looking for the best counters. Depending on the game you have you will get either of the Pokemon. Scarlet players get the Walking Wake paradox form of Suicune. And Violet players get Iron Leaves the paradox form of Virizion. But even though these are only 5-star raids, both these Pokemon can give you a hard time if you fight them unprepared. So here is how you can counter and beat the Walking Wake & Iron Leaves Tera Raids in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet.
Best Walking Wake & Iron Leaves Counters in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
The best Counters for Walking Wake is Iron Hands and Iron Leaves is Kingambit. To understand how they work you should first know these Tera Raid Pokemon.
Walking Wake is a Water Dragon type Pokemon with the Water Tera Type. It mainly uses the following moves in battle:
- Hydro Steam
- Dragon Pulse
- Noble Roar
Thus due to its Water typing using an Electric Pokemon like the Iron Hands can be quite handy, pun intended.
Iron Leaves is a Grass Psychic Pokemon with the Psychic Tera Type. It will use the following moves in battle:
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
So due to Psychic Tera type using a Dark, Ghost, or Bug Pokemon is a good idea.
How to Beat Walking Wake & Iron Leaves Tera Raids
The best Pokemon & build to use against Walking Wake is:
- Iron Hands (Fighting/Electric)
- Belly Drum: Learns at level 84.
- Drain Punch: Teach it using a TM.
- Thunder Punch: Teach it using a TM.
- You can have 4th move of your choice.
- Magnet: It boosts the power of Electric-type moves.
- During the fight start with Belly Drum. Next, use Drain Punch to get your HP back. Now keep attacking with Thunder Punch. And Drain punch whenever you need HP.
The best Pokemon & build to use against Iron Leaves is:
- Kingambit (Dark/Steel)
- Kowtow Cleave: Learns upon evolving.
- Swords Dance: Learns at level 64.
- X-Scissor: Teach it using a TM.
- You can have the 4th move of your choice.
- Black Glasses: It boosts the power of Dark-type moves.
- Start the fight by using Swords Dance to boost your Attack. Use it thrice then use Kowtow Cleave. Keep attacking Iron Leaves with Kowtow Cleave until it faints.
That covers this guide on the best counters for Walking Wake & Iron Leaves in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet and how to beat their Tera Raids. If you found this guide useful then be sure to check out our Pokemon Scarlet & Violet section for more.