Over the years there have been many talks of Microsoft buying Discord but they all reached no conclusion. So, here’s finally some sweet news for the Xbox players that have been waiting for the Discord voice chat feature on their consoles. This update will allow players to connect with their friends and other players using Discord’s voice chat feature. But is it out yet? Here’s everything to know about the Discord voice chat on Xbox One and Series X|S.
Editor’s Note: This article is outdated, there is more latest information available! Here are all the steps to link your Discord and Xbox accounts and chat with Parties.
How to Get Discord Voice Chat on Xbox One & Series X|S
Discord’s Voice chat feature update is available and has rolled out for the subscribed selected Xbox Insider users. Specifically, Alpha and Alpha-Skip ahead Xbox Insiders. So, if you’ve been in the Insider program for a long, you are quite lucky to use this feature quick. While Discord is available for all Xbox players, this update will be out soon for other Xbox players.
Here’s how to get this feature on your Xbox consoles:
- Before you enable this feature, you need to link Discord with your Xbox console.
- You can link Xbox and Discord by hitting the Xbox button.
- Select the Parties and Chats tab and select the Try Discord Voice on Xbox.
- Now, you will be prompted with a QR code.
- You need to scan the code, and enter your login credentials for both the accounts to link them.
As mentioned before, the voice chat feature update is available only for Alpha and Alpha-skip Ahead Xbox Insiders. You get these tiers for the more time you spend on this program.
For the players curious to know more about the Xbox Insider, scroll till the end to know how to join this program.
How to Join Xbox Insider Program
Follow these steps:
- Head to the Xbox Store and search for “Insider“.
- Select the Xbox Insider Bundle app and download it.
- Once it is downloaded, launch the application bundle and select the Join option.
- Now, all you need to do is spend some time on this program.
That’s everything covered on Discord voice chat on Xbox consoles. If you liked this guide, check out our other Video Gaming Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.