Valorant recently underwent Update 2.09 which also brought out unwanted mouse problems. Many players have been reporting the same problem. The mouse just seems to outright freeze or completely stop working at times. The game doesn’t register your clicks too meaning you can’t zoom in or click the trigger. However, there are easy fixes for this too. These are not official fixes by Riot Games as they have yet to acknowledge the issue. However, these fixes don’t perform any major alterations so you should be good to go. So let’s find out how to fix the mouse issues.
How to fix mouse issues in Valorant
- Go over to the Valorant app.
- Right-click on the application icon.
- From the pop-up list select the ‘Run as Administrator‘ option.
- When the game is booting up and is on its loading screen keep moving the mouse about and keep clicking randomly anywhere on the screen.
- Alternatively, you can even go to your desktop settings.
- Go to the Properties tab from the options listed here.
- Now, go to the Compatibility tab.
- Look for the Valorant application.
- After this click the box that says Run this Program as Administrator.
- Confirm your choice by clicking OK and the game will automatically run as Administrator every time you open it up.
This does seem to work most of the time however some players still might face the same issue. Riot Games is bound to release an update patch as soon as the Replication Mode duration ends. At least that is what we are hoping for. If there are any other methods to fix this issue we will be sure to add them to this guide.
This is everything you need to know about how to fix the Mouse freezing and clicks not registering issue in Valorant. If you are facing the Queue Disabled Error have a look at the interlinked article.