If you are exploring the Mountain biome for Fir trees, Obsidian, and Silver Ores then you might have come across Stone Golems. If you have not crafted Wolf armor or better armors, we suggest you avoid disturbing an inactive Stone Golem because it can kill you easily. But if you are equipped with good armor and are carrying good weapons, then here’s how to beat Stone Golem in Valheim.
How to Kill Stone Golem in Valheim?
To beat a Stone Golem in Valheim, you need to wear Wolf armor and use a Pickaxe to attack their back, while dodging its slow attacks.
Stone Golem might look scary towering over you, but similar to other creatures in the game, they have a weakness. Stone Golem either have Boulder arms or Spiky arms. Both golems have two types of attacks -one light & fast attack and another slow & heavy attack. While they do their slow attack you can dodge behind them and attack using a Pickaxe. Golems take increased damage from a pickaxe, as they are made of stone.
There are few points to keep in mind while dueling a Stone Golem:
- If you don’t have good armor and weapons avoid the Golems.
- Stone Golems will be inactive till you disturb them.
- Avoid their vicinity. They look like stone piles when they are sleeping. But you will recognize their head shape. Thus you can easily avoid them.
- Carry pickaxe to kill a Stone Golem, preferably Iron Pickaxe or Bronze Pickaxe. As Golems take increased damage these weapons.
- For their light attacks, Golems with boulder arms do a fast front slam with one hand. Whereas Golems with spike arms shots fast spikes.
- For heavy attack boulder, armed ones do a strong slow front slam with both hands. And spike armed ones do a front swiping attack.
- When the golems do their slow and heavy attacks, you can dodge behind their back and use the opportunity to attack them.
How to Get Crystals in Valheim?
Keep attacking the Stone Golem until you eventually beat it to collect Crystals, Stones and Stone Golem Trophy. As of the time of writing, there are no recipes that include Crystals in the game but they will be probably added in the upcoming updates.
That’s everything you need to know about how to beat Stone Golem in Valheim. For more details do not forget to visit our Valheim Wiki Guide for cheats, boss fights, rare resource locations, etc. While you’re here, also check out our Valheim guide.