The Drake helmet in Valheim is undoubtedly the best looking helmet in the game. It has two horns and fits the Viking horned helmets that we know and love (but are actually historically inaccurate). But it is so cool to craft one of these and rock them along with your wolf armor. So here’s how to hunt Drakes in Valheim, collect Drake Trophy and make Drake Helmet.
How to Craft Drake Helmet in Valheim?
To make Drake Helmet, you need 20 Silver, 2 Wolf Pelt, and 2 Drake Trophies. Once you have crafted the helmet you only need Silver to upgrade it, no more Drake Trophies are necessary. You can get the the Drake trophy by killing Drakes in the Mountain biome.
So if you are interested in calling yourself a delighted holder of this awe-inspiring helmet, then follow the below points:
How to Hunt Drakes in Valheim?
- Go to the Mountain biome.
- Make sure to wear warm clothes to avoid freeze damage.
- Find Drakes in the biome.
- Drakes do not land so you have to use ranged weapons.
- Obsidian arrows work really well against Drakes. You just need 2-3 shots per Drake to kill it.
- If you are not playing solo, then you can harpoon it to make sure it doesn’t fly away.
- You have to spend a lot of time hunting Drakes as the drop rate for Drake Trophy is just 15%. Whereas Freeze Glands are always dropped from a Drake.
- You can use these Freeze Glands to make Frost arrows.
How to use Drake Trophy to Craft Drake Helmet
- Drake trophies can be used to craft Drake Helmets in the game.
- Once you have collected 2 Drake Trophies, 20 Silver, & 2 Wolf Pelt, go to your Forge.
- In the crafting menu, you can find Drake Helmet. Craft it using the ingredients you gathered.
- This Helmet adds 20 points to your Armor kit and you can easily upgrade your helmet by using silver.
- You don’t need any more Drake trophy to upgrade it.
- Now you can wear it as the perfect match to your Wolf Armor Chest, Wolf Armor Leggings, and Wolf Fur Cape.
That’s everything you need to know about how to hunt Drakes and make Drake Helmet in Valheim. For more details do not forget to visit our Valheim Wiki Guide for cheats, boss fights, rare resource locations and more hidden secrets. While you’re here, also check out our Valheim guide.