Valheim had a recent update due to which many players have been having problems connecting to the servers. Players have been unable to play online with the message ‘Can’t Connect To Servers’ popping up on the screen. This may be due to the fact that Valheim is still an early access version with the complete version expected to be announced in a while. Fortunately though, this server issue does have a fix. Scroll and read below to know how to fix the can’t connect to server problem and what is the solution.
How to fix the Valheim Can’t Connect To Server problem
- To fix this error in Valheim, first, check whether your game is up to date.
- To check this go to Steam and right-click on the game icon in the Library.
- Now click on Properties.
- Here you will see an option for Update.
- Check if you have the latest version of the game.
- Another thing you can do is update the server.
- To update the server install SteamCMD.
- Go to Valheim source files and make a .txt file.
- Name this file ‘Update’ and change the extension to.bat.
- Open the file and type: (address of the SteamCMD folder) + login anonymous + force_install_dir (address of Valheim folder) + app_update 896660 validate + exit
- Double click to run the file and your server will update immediately.
These are some of the tips you can follow while fixing this issue. This usually occurs whenever a new update rolls around. If you’re playing multiplayer you can ask your friend to follow these same steps so that there is no issue while joining the server. You can now join your dedicated server.
This is everything you need to know about how to fix the ‘Valheim can’t connect to Server’ issue. While you are here even find out how to remove the Server Cap or find out why the Dev controls are not working.