Joining a dedicated server in Valheim whether your own or someone else’s will ensure that you can play the game for as long as you wish to. If you’re a bit confused about it and wondering how to do it, this guide will help you to explain everything that you need to do. Here’s how to do it in Valheim.
How To Join A Dedicated Server In Valheim
There are several steps that you need to perform in order to join a dedicated server in Valheim, where you host it or someone else. It offers far more protection from griefers and other players, as you will be in a server where you would probably know everyone.
Follow the steps given below to join a server in Valheim:
You can use the official method by locating your game server, on the official server list within the game. All you need to do is type in your server in the search bar and wait until you find yours.
Or you can use the following methods as well to
- Check the Community Server List, under the Join Game tab, when you start Valheim.
- Click on the preferred Community Server and enter the password to connect.
- Request external IP Address and forwarded port from the host.
- Open up steam and then click on View from the top-left side. You should then click on Server and then open the Favorites tab.
- Click on Add a Server and then enter IP ADDRESS: PORT.
- Finally, click on Add this address to favourites, you will now be able to access your dedicated server from Steam.
Also Read: What To Do With Trophies In Valheim
This is all there is to know about how to join a server in Valheim, this will ensure that you can join whatever dedicated server you wish in the game.
While you’re here make sure to check out everything about the game at our Valheim Wiki Guide right here on Gamer Tweak.