In God of War Ragnarok, you will face many creatures and gods, so you should upgrade your weapons and armor to fight them efficiently. Having better weapons will allow you to do more damage. While having stronger armor will improve your defense and let you take more hits. So in this guide check out how you can upgrade your gear in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Upgrade your Gear in God of War Ragnarok
You can upgrade your Gear in GoW Ragnarok by pressing and holding the Square button on your controller. Make sure you have the needed resources in order to actually be able to upgrade your items. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Brok or Sindri and interact with their desk by pressing and holding the Circle button on your controller.
- By default, you will be on the Weapons tab which allows you to upgrade your Leviathan Axe, Blades of Chaos, or Shields. You can change the tabs by pressing L1 or R1. The four options you get are:
- Special Items
- Go to the gear tab that has the gear you plan on upgrading.
- Now, use the up and down buttons on your D-pad to choose the gear that you wish to upgrade.
- Next, press X to select the gear, and you will get options for all the things that you can upgrade of it.
- On the center of the screen, you will see the gear information, and below it, you will find the information on the resources you need for upgrading it.
- Press and hold the Square button and you will upgrade it.
- After upgrading, the game will tell you your gear’s new level and the stats that got changed.
You will need to explore the game’s world to gather different materials needed in order to make these upgrades. These resources include materials like Hacksilver, Stonewood, Rawhide, Nidavellir Ore, and more.
That covers this guide on how to upgrade your gear in God of War Ragnarok to improve your weapons & armor. While keeping your gear leveled up is good do remember that you can also increase your maximum rage and health in this game. So if you need help on any other topics don’t hesitate to check out our GoW Ragnarok Wiki for more such guides.